Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: difference of sort by dateadded and recently added?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I've just upgraded from 11.0 to 12.2, I understand there was a change where new files use the file date rather than the date added to the library which is fine.

My issue is that the recently added movies/tv shows are in the correct order but the "sort by: date added" option in the regular move/tv view is out of order.

Can anyone tell me what the database query is for the "sort by: date added" option? I would like to manually update the database.

Thanks,
CK
So from the lack of replies no one has ever had an issue with the "sort by: date added" library view differing from recently added ?
put this in your advancedsettings.xml

<videolibrary>
<dateadded>0</dateadded>
</videolibrary>

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...t_of_order
i'm actually seeing slightly different issue, my recently added movies/tv's are all correct, what is not correct is in the library view for movies the "sort by: date added" is out of order. It displays in a different order to the "recenlty added" view.
Ok I figured this out,
the movie library view for "sort by date added" performs strict checking that the date is in a valid format, in my case some of the database entires did not have seconds as part of the time and xbmc was treating this as an invalid date format which meant treat it as an empty string.

I manually updated the database (files.dateAdded) to include seconds i.e. HH:MM:SS and this is now resolved.

So looks like the recently added view does not have this strict checking of the date format and that's why there was a difference in the ordering.

Cheers,
CK