Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC "Eden" *works* with Mavericks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For all those users who are waiting for an official non-nightly build of Mavericks, I thought I'd let you know that the previous major version of XBMC ("Eden") works perfectly fine with OSX 10.9 Mavericks. It's only Frodo that doesn't seem to work in the last official release. Personally, there's nothing I use in Frodo that wasn't in Eden here (although I mostly run Eden on Gen1 AppleTV units, not on my Mac since I'd rather sit in a comfy chair than my computer chair to watch shows and a 47" or 93" screen (two rooms) with surround sound. So, I'll continue to use Eden until there's an official update. It's too bad many plugin developers jumped ship and don't support Eden anymore. It seems like the same thing the XBMC developers complain about (people immediately updating OSX to the newest version and then complaining when it doesn't work) and so it's IRONIC to me that Eden still works and so many plugins no longer support it. Big Grin

In any case, the security fixes and new multi-monitor features are far more important to me on my Mac MIni server than XBMC working correctly (hence I jumped that train but I'm not complaining about Frodo not working since I couldn't care less since Eden has all the features I need for now anyway). In fact, when I updated to Frodo, I just renamed Eden from "XBMC" to "XBMC Eden" and they sit side-by-side in the Apps folder and I could use either one I wanted. Now I just select Eden and it "just works". Big Grin