Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XAF Custom build player error help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone, I manage to get my unknown box to play hd720 with XAF custome build 12.1 version through MXPlayer but now I can't play the other video in xbmc no more. When I click play on some channel I want to watch the this message pop up. EXTERNAL PLAYER ACTIVE, CLICK OK WHEN PLAYBACK HAS ENDED. AND OK BUTTON. but when I click ok and its just go back to channel selection screen or sometime it goes back to android screen. Oh and this is channel from livestreams with xml addon only. So is there a fix for this? thanks.
You have to tell xbmc which player handles specific streams. It's rather easy.
Information here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...on_Android
(2013-10-27, 13:47)sakis Wrote: [ -> ]You have to tell xbmc which player handles specific streams. It's rather easy.
Information here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...on_Android

Sorry I am very new to this and don't know which stream is for which, maybe rtmp for livestream. What I really want is to set external player to play all HD file since my box doesn't support HD playback that well. So I mess up with the list and now external player doesn't play no more Sad. Please look below that is what I change is it correct? btw I only have mx player and UHD player install on the android box.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MXPlayerFree" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>

<player name="MXPlayerPro" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
</player>

<rules action="prepend">
<!---
********** EDIT THIS SECTION **********
-->
<rule protocols="smb" player="MXPlayerFree" />
<rule dvdimage="true" player="MXPlayerFree"/>
<rule protocols="rtmp" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE"/>
<rule protocols="rtsp" player="MXPlayerFree" />
<rule protocols="sop" player="MXPlayerFree" />
<rule internetstream="true" player="MXPlayerFree" />
<rule video="true" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE"/> <!-- Default for anything else not listed -->
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
The line <rule video="true" player="CHOOSE PLAYER NAME HERE"/> <!-- Default for anything else not listed --> is the universal rule.
You HAVE to select a player there. When I was using XAF build I had the internal "DVDPlayer" there. Within xbmc, by pressing C on the
remote control (on a highlighted video file) you select "Open with" and you can choose either internal player or MX or any other player that you have in the xml file.

*If you are about to use MX for samba ("smb") shares you also need a tool named "smbwrapper". Google it.