Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-11-20, 00:28)Clack Wrote: [ -> ]Yowzers! Now I can't even power on my NUC. I couldn't leave good enough alone I guess.

Tired setting shutdown to Suspend with the hopes I could power off and on with the xbox remote. With that setting it would start to shut off, then open back up on the shutdown screen asking "are you sure you want to shut down?". I switched back to Shutdown on Shutdown, and it shutdown for good!

The power button is very light green. Neither a quick press or longer hold does anything. I've tried unplugging too. Did I kill it? Will it live again?

This is the weird thing with mine to. I cannot power up by hitting the button on top of it. Only by using the power button on the MCE remote?! WTH?! I havent spent any time trying to figure out what is causing it, I can only image it being something in the bios....

I also have the "have to shutdown twice" problem no matter the S4/S5 setting in the bios.

Man, really weird problems....
Hey, at least you can turn yours on. Mine won't boot at all!
(2013-11-20, 01:46)aesalazar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-20, 00:28)Clack Wrote: [ -> ]Yowzers! Now I can't even power on my NUC. I couldn't leave good enough alone I guess.

Tired setting shutdown to Suspend with the hopes I could power off and on with the xbox remote. With that setting it would start to shut off, then open back up on the shutdown screen asking "are you sure you want to shut down?". I switched back to Shutdown on Shutdown, and it shutdown for good!

The power button is very light green. Neither a quick press or longer hold does anything. I've tried unplugging too. Did I kill it? Will it live again?

This is the weird thing with mine to. I cannot power up by hitting the button on top of it. Only by using the power button on the MCE remote?! WTH?! I havent spent any time trying to figure out what is causing it, I can only image it being something in the bios....

I also have the "have to shutdown twice" problem no matter the S4/S5 setting in the bios.

Man, really weird problems....

I've noticed mine won't power on by pressing the button either, but I was in denial.. and just used the remote... I wonder what the deal is.
Some combination of the autostart script, S4/S5 bios selection, and shutdown vs. suspend. Intel support told me to take out the ram and try again.
(2013-11-20, 02:14)Clack Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, at least you can turn yours on. Mine won't boot at all!

LOL! I did the same thing! The problem is if you turn on the Deep s4/s5, like it says in the description, it will only work from the Power button or wake on lan. So now the remote button is disabled Thanks god for WOL.

If you dont know WOL, do this, download mc-wol.exe from here:

http://www.matcode.com/wol.htm

Open a command prompt in windows (start>run>cmd) and go to whatever folder it is save in. Or just right-click the folder in Windows Explorer while holding the shift key and click "Open Command Prompt From Here". Then run the command:

Code:
mc-wol XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

but replace the X's with your mac address. You will need Ethernet for both pcs for this to work. To get your mac address, either look on the side of your box or open the nuc and it will be on the label on top of the SSD port.

Way to go intel!

Ernie
Honestly I will likely just leave mine on, as little power as these pull it will probably rank right where my current ion hardware is. Maybe a high level sleep? Anyone measured power draw for grins? How bad is the PQ with acceleration turned on? Nothing I own is calibrated so I'm simply looking for it not to suck ;-)

Someone did get the MCE remote working right? LIRC and some setup or tweaks? Hope to have my hardware this week and am looking forward to playing!
(2013-11-20, 02:28)Selene Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed mine won't power on by pressing the button either, but I was in denial.. and just used the remote... I wonder what the deal is.

My button still powers it on, just tried it since I've been using the remote mostly.

What have you guys been messing with Tongue?
(2013-11-20, 01:32)voip-ninja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-20, 00:18)furii Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-19, 23:03)solamnic Wrote: [ -> ]Nop it didnt have perfect 23.976 playback

pasted the xbmc-xrandr output from my gt610, not sure what else you want. it's not really relavent to this thread except in response to lmyllari.

Nvidia has not had "perfect" 23.976 playback, nor has ATI. They both have video cards that are close, both my GT430 and my ATI 4850 had very accurate clocks, but neither had "true" 23.976 playback, both were off a bit, to the point that you might get a frame-drop every 1.5-2.5 hours during playback of a long movie.

i didn't really want to post about this again, but that's only partially accurate. with a simple adjustment to xorg.conf you will get 1 frame dupe every 5 hours. and with the modeline from this post it's something like every 8 hours.

last post about this in this thread from me.
(2013-11-20, 03:13)aesalazar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-20, 02:14)Clack Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, at least you can turn yours on. Mine won't boot at all!

LOL! I did the same thing! The problem is if you turn on the Deep s4/s5, like it says in the description, it will only work from the Power button or wake on lan. So now the remote button is disabled Thanks god for WOL.

If you dont know WOL, do this, download mc-wol.exe from here:

http://www.matcode.com/wol.htm

Open a command prompt in windows (start>run>cmd) and go to whatever folder it is save in. Or just right-click the folder in Windows Explorer while holding the shift key and click "Open Command Prompt From Here". Then run the command:

Code:
mc-wol XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX

but replace the X's with your mac address. You will need Ethernet for both pcs for this to work. To get your mac address, either look on the side of your box or open the nuc and it will be on the label on top of the SSD port.

Way to go intel!

Ernie

Phew, thanks Ernie! I'm way over my head. So I restored default bios settings F9 then F10 and I still can't turn it on from the remote or the button. I can only start it now WOL. Any way to make the remote and button work to turn this thing on and off?
Are u on a Nightly Build Clack?

Try flashing in back to frodo and try if it works there,
the NUC sometimes rl behaves weird...Problems occur that def. seem to be caused by
Bios even if u just played with the Settings of XBMC..

If it works in Frodo u can update to Gotham again..

As said i´m experiencing something similar, just made a few changes in xbmc and now i have the
problem that it shuts down only on 2nd attempt..
Did you guys update your bios? The latest one is from October 17.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR...+D54250WYK
I just tried the new Nightly, still only Blackscreen Sad

OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131119061614-r16388.tar

And how can i update my Bios under Openelec?
(2013-11-20, 11:16)gamble Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried the new Nightly, still only Blackscreen Sad

OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131119061614-r16388.tar

That's the old one that didn't work.

The new one is r16398. i386 was built already, x86_64 is currently being built and should be available within 1 or 2 hours.

Change Log / Git Commit History since last build:

b5c120e xbmc: update to xbmc-13.alpha-cca24dd
cafba70 xbmc-addon-xvdr: update to xbmc-addon-xvdr-f267086
873a47a Merge branch 'master' of github.com:OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv
3518a9a xbmc: update to xbmc-13.alpha-f8b0614, update FM patches
56ece16 xorg-server: add patch to fix Mesa-10.0 runtime issues ( see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?...3#p1342189 )
9e4b1f6 Mesa: update to Mesa-10.0.0-rc1
517b4f0 libdrm: update to libdrm-2.4.48
6da371d Merge branch 'master' of github.com:OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv
7a7629b bcm2835-bootloader: update to bcm2835-bootloader-1100e2a
08f9c1b bcm2835-driver: update to bcm2835-driver-1100e2a

(2013-11-20, 11:16)gamble Wrote: [ -> ]And how can i update my Bios under Openelec?

Put in on a USB and do the bios update from within the bios.
Ahhh i c, thanks mate Smile

Just created a Stick to update Bio´s, lets see what behind the next corner,
i took free from work today, will try the nightly immediately when its up.

And damn, how can i reputate Huh
(2013-11-20, 05:08)Clack Wrote: [ -> ]Phew, thanks Ernie! I'm way over my head. So I restored default bios settings F9 then F10 and I still can't turn it on from the remote or the button. I can only start it now WOL. Any way to make the remote and button work to turn this thing on and off?

Did you turn off the Deep S4/S5 in the bios? Thats was what did it for me. I might return mine for a new one, doesnt make sense for the power button to stop working like that.

(2013-11-20, 10:38)arokh Wrote: [ -> ]Did you guys update your bios? The latest one is from October 17.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchR...+D54250WYK

First thing I did when I got mine. I can only guess that the hardware is defective.

Ernie