Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone else seeing the occasional crash when FF or RW? It may specifically relate to the media portal client.

Unfortunately there is nothing in the log (where do crash dumps get logged? anywhere?), XBMC just crashes and exits (leaving me with an X11 cursor briefly), and then it restarts.

pastebinit output (of the old log) here: http://sprunge.us/HNTT

EDIT: Okay, nvm, this seems to be mediaportal specific. If I go nuts FF and RW a file played over SMB, I get no issue, its just files using the "live tv" pvr access.
Not forgetting that broadcast TV (ie MPEG-TS) does not have the same indexing as other formats such as MPEG-PS or mvc or avi etc.
That's true, but it still shouldn't crash! Smile
Guys

i have the new i3 haswell NUC, running open elec 3.2.4 (i think, latest official release not nightly)

Anyway working fine with the IR fix except for one issue, my NUC wont switch off or suspend, it will go off but come back on.

Sooooo is there a nightly that addresses this, or should use the win 8 licence that i have and run xbmc for windows instead?
(2013-12-23, 00:54)lmyllari Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-22, 21:34)-DDD- Wrote: [ -> ]The latest Nightly 4.0 or the latest Stable 3.2.4?
I don't think 3.2.4 includes the fixes for grey blacks in limited range output (which is the default for TV) or bt.709 coefficients in VAAPI (correct colors for HD material).

@Imyllari,

I have a question for you (completely new to the forurm - expecting my i3 NUC tomorrow): do you have any idea why the known fix has not been included in the stable 3.2.4 release? Will it ever, or do we have to wait for the Gotham release for that?

To be quite honest I am strongly thinking about going the Windows route to avoid display problems (I have a calibrated KURO last gen) and power off problems.
I am using 3.2.4 and have no display problems whatsoever.
(2013-12-23, 17:31)zag Wrote: [ -> ]I am using 3.2.4 and have no display problems whatsoever.

I was referring to the grey/black fix build by Imyllari which may not be part of the current stable release. Are you saying that not everybody has this problem?
Ok so i have installed openelec via usb onto my nuc i3,
it all works swimingly until i play a file, it plays fine without audio for about six seconds and then starts to stutter real bad

Also no audio plays anywhere from the music to youtube to videos// i have played around with the audio settings but no joy,, no menu noises etc..

Would love an idea of how best to fix and get this sorted

cheers
Try a different refresh rate for video

It should work fine@ 60hz over hdmi
Actually wont let me change that in xbmc..
i just tired a nightly and it let me change it but only from 24 to 30 - no joy either
Disabled "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" ?
After trying to read through 140 pages to make sure the NUC haswell is working well under Linux/OpenElec I ashamedly give up many many pages back. For anyone new to the conversion like myself, could we get a quick recap on the NUC Haswell i3 D34010WYB (As I have my eye on this fetching device: http://www.tranquilpcshop.co.uk/abel-h-s...tom-build/)

Does the built in IR work with OpenElec out of the box?
Does it wake from sleep/off via the remote? (MCE RC6 spec)
Does OpenElec do proper pass-through of HD Audio without issues?
Any other issues to note under OpenElec?

Many thanks to anyone that is up to date on the thread and can easily answer the above questions.
(2013-12-24, 01:50)t2ffn Wrote: [ -> ]After trying to read through 140 pages to make sure the NUC haswell is working well under Linux/OpenElec I ashamedly give up many many pages back. For anyone new to the conversion like myself, could we get a quick recap on the NUC Haswell i3 D34010WYB (As I have my eye on this fetching device: http://www.tranquilpcshop.co.uk/abel-h-s...tom-build/)

Does the built in IR work with OpenElec out of the box?
Does it wake from sleep/off via the remote? (MCE RC6 spec)
Does OpenElec do proper pass-through of HD Audio without issues?
Any other issues to note under OpenElec?

Many thanks to anyone that is up to date on the thread and can easily answer the above questions.

Suggest you fully read the first post hitch was updated as info was gathered. There are sleep issues but the MCE remote is capable of waking.
It is not clear from the first post but it seemed as though there were problems with frames dropping with 23.976 content.
(2013-12-24, 05:29)voip-ninja Wrote: [ -> ]It is not clear from the first post but it seemed as though there were problems with frames dropping with 23.976 content.
23.976 playback with OE seems flawless, except when you use menus on top of the video. As far as I know, that is a current limitation of xbmc.