Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Not Opening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Undecided
Evening everyone. I am hoping that someone will be able to help. I have just updated my MacBook Pro to OS X 10.9. since this update I can't even open my XBMC icon. it bounces a couple of times and then goes off. I have tried reducing my security settings to allow non apple downloads, also have tried unistalling XBMC and then reinstalling it, but all with the same results.

Not very tech savvy so any help would be appreciated.

many thanks

Kel.
Ned Scott,

Many thanks, that seems to work fine.

Kel
Good evening. I have updated my iMac to OS X 10.9 Maverick and my XBMC will not open. When I click on the icon it acts like it tries to show up on my tool bar but disappears before the icon fully appears. I tried the link above and it will not open either.

Thanks

dinky
BlushEvening again everyone. Sorry for the earlier post I did not read enough post to realize that a fix has not been obtained yet. With my job I always have people breathing down my throat asking when the equipment I am working on is going to be fixed. (It usually happens when I don't have a clue what is wrong with it)
Everyone that keeps complaining on other post need to realize that the designers are doing all they can do. The more time that the designers spending answering questions(or addressing complaints), the less time they are spending on coming up with a solution.
Designers : don't worry about replying to my post unless you think about it after you have come up with a solution.
I will continue to check the post for the solution.

God Bless,
dinky
(2013-11-02, 04:18)dinky7715 Wrote: [ -> ]BlushEvening again everyone. Sorry for the earlier post I did not read enough post to realize that a fix has not been obtained yet. With my job I always have people breathing down my throat asking when the equipment I am working on is going to be fixed. (It usually happens when I don't have a clue what is wrong with it)
Everyone that keeps complaining on other post need to realize that the designers are doing all they can do. The more time that the designers spending answering questions(or addressing complaints), the less time they are spending on coming up with a solution.
Designers : don't worry about replying to my post unless you think about it after you have come up with a solution.
I will continue to check the post for the solution.

God Bless,
dinky

Try using this link http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...o-i386.dmg
datosee
I get a field script plug-in communication so nothing will play
(2013-10-28, 18:04)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]use this: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...o-i386.dmg

Thx it works for me on Maverick,Have a Nice Day
I don't get it. I can run XBMC from my old iMac running Mavericks, but it will crash immediately on my Mac mini. Drives me insane Angry
(2013-11-07, 21:01)sbreit Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get it. I can run XBMC from my old iMac running Mavericks, but it will crash immediately on my Mac mini. Drives me insane Angry

Elaborate. Give details.
Today i have just received a replacement mac mini as it had a faulty HDMI connector, my XBMC worked on my old mac mini but even though this is the same machine as my previous mac mini it crashes straight away whenever i try and load XMBC, i have tried many different versions of XMBC but it still won't work. Please can someone help. I am a bit of a novice so not sure what to post here to show the fault as nothing comes up on my screen it just doesn't load!
Thanks
We need the crashreporter log and the version you are using ... also the debug log (wiki) might help us. Please post the logs to pastebin.com and paste the links here.
not sure if this helps?

edit by memphiz: removed the forum clutter
hi every time that I try to open XBMC it gives me a error and shut down
here's the error sorry for the length of the text

edit by memphiz: removed the forum clutter
(2013-11-23, 19:18)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Please post the logs to pastebin.com and paste the links here.

Do i need to sing that?