Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to create a android video chat app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am trying to build an android application that included a live video chat function. Users will log in, select the person they want to chat with and connect. Then once the call has finished they will be requested to complete a form providing feedback.

This is just one function of the app so I am worried about using these sites that provide the service of video chat as I would need to be able to incorporate it in to the app as appose to that being the only function of the app. In many ways the app will function a lot like skype in that all users will have a profile. But I would like the option of having ‘1 to many’ calls not just ‘1 to 1’.

I am a complete novice. Please could you advise me how I would go about creating this? What software to use to build my app (preferably free) what server system I would need to use etc.

I do hope you can help.
And you are asking this in the forums of XBMC why? You'd be better situated in a forum targeted at general programming...

(Also: isn't that kind of a HUGE project for a complete novice? Just saying...)