Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Automated media playlist at boot-up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI just bought my raspberry last week- awesome kit- amazing little puppy with plenty of flexibility and options.

I bought the kit to be used as a simple media player that plays media files automatically and continuously on a noticeboard TV screen.
I'm not sure how to best set this up and use a upload procedure that's simple and automated so that some of the reception girls can update the notices.
I'm beginners level with command line and have been using Linux for the last two years.- enjoying the ride...

I have a Raspberry Pi, running Frodo, with openelec running xbmc.

Here is my situation.

I want to setup a couple of screens as noticeboards for upcoming events in our church. The kit will be connected to the monitor via HDMI. Each of the kits have internet connection via LAN. I want to be able to display the latest notices and upcoming events either by a video or still images. The notices will run continuously all day everyday. I want to be able to update the media regularly so that its fresh and dynamic- The main issue is that I want to be able to do this "remotely". There are two sites at either side of town and don't want to be onsite to prompt it or initiate playing of files.

Can anyone advise of any scripts that can accomplish what i need.

My general thoughts for the process are-
1. run a cron-daemon script to run at boot up. Initiate a reboot once the updated media file is updated.
2. upload the amended media files via ftp client
3. reboot to initiate new playlist.

First post- thanks for the forum- its new and happening here..Big Grin