Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: anyone here sftp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just set it up and my video files don't seem to be generating thumbnails. Do pictures just get 1st priority or something so the video thumbnails will be generated later?

Any tips for using sftp? I've created one local source and one sftp source for now. Is there a way to just have xbmc automatically know whether I'm in network or out and switch on/off sftp (this way I only need one source and thumbnail cache)?

I did a search and I'm surprised how little sftp info there is on this board (or maybe I just missed it).

Thanks.

EDIT: With my setup, I have xbmc installed on my mobile devices and laptop while all my media files (not xbmc) is installed on my NAS. Is this a bad arrangement? Like I said, it's taking forever to load up thumbnails and other media info. But I have a mybooklive and I'm not even sure my NAS has the power to run xbmc (though I'll consider getting a new NAS if it makes a big difference). Video seems to buffer sometimes too but my WAN network has a really slow 5 Mbps upload right now (I'll see about getting higher though I suspect my area can only get at max 10 Mbps).