Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC crashing on a few movies.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yea, PC is technically any personal computer, but most people usually use the term to refer to a Windows based machine. Mac's are called, well, "Mac's". lol! Linux machines, from what I've seen, are typically called "Linux boxes". As far as I've seen and noticed over the years anyway.

Anyway, thanks for all the help you guys!! I appreciate it.

Will post results of installing the Beta.
OK, I'm back finally!

Decided to try an alternative to xubuntu so I wiped drive and installed Mint on Monday. I liked the look of it as it resembled Windows more, but man did it give me fits. Couldn't get sound to work at all to my receiver and eventually lost ALL sound while trying to fix it, so I gave up. Reformated again yesterday and decided to try openSUSE 12.3 as I read it had good hardware support. OS installed OK and sound worked on receiver right of the bat, which was great. HOWEVER, turned out to be real pain figuring out how to get it set up with everything needed to install XBMC. After many attempts and failures finally managed to get all dependencies installed apparently and XBMC installed.

As I said, sound still is currently working fine, but still crashes and burns when attempt to play videos.

From what I can tell from log, VDPAU appears to be functioning, at least according to the first video attempt, which DID seem to play fine during the time I viewed it. But, tried 2 more after it, both failed and the later caused system to lock up.

One thing I noticed in log is that from what I can see, it looks like XBMC is getting display specs from my laptops screen, but my 1920x1080 TV is supposed to be set as default. Seem to be having problems with that though. I keep turning off laptop screen and setting tv as primary, but every time I reboot, Laptops is back on. I've tried changing settings in YaST, by opening X server from terminal via sudo, but still a no go.

Anyway, here is latest log. Hopefully someone can help me figure this out. Driving me nuts, since videos were playing fine when I first installed Xubuntu, but now they're not. Think it may have been due to a system update.

Latest XBMC log
Also, looks like according to lines 223-224, my D-bus isn't working correctly either. Is that something to worry about and that may affect video playback? If so, anyone know how I can fix it.

Can I download one of the files from here to fix it? If so, which one and how to install once downloaded?

THANKS!!
Pages: 1 2