Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Surely this has been sorted? -start of audio missing from tracks?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am using a stable pi running openelec 3.2.3 ,and trying to add some cd rips in FLAC to the library
I am using XLD , and ripping to an external usb HDD.
Once an album has been ripped, and I try to play it via xbmc, the tracks all play but ''miss'' the first 'half second' or so, of audio.
None of them play from the very beginning.
I have copied some of the tracks to my mac and they play perfectly with other software.
Am I doing anything wrong?
The library on the external drive is accessed via SMB, but if I copy ,say, one track to the sd card itself ( to make sure its not related to a network problem ), it still misses the first snippet of audio?
Has anyone seen this - I hope I am not repeating a well worn problem here

Thanks for any replies

pootler
Does the same happen with menu sounds? It xcould be the 'stream silence' option, you can enable it via advancedsettings.xml
Is this hdmi audio? It is likely your receiver (or TV) takes a second to sync.
There has recently been support for "stream silence" which keeps the receiver active for a given specified length of time (e.g. 5 minutes) which means the next track played won't miss the start of audio.

You do need a very new build for this to work correctly.
e.g. this openelec gotham build should work
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6zmED...sp=sharing

but it may be best to wait a little for it to appear in a more stable build.
Thank you for your replies - genuinely appreciated.

Yes - it is HDMI audio.
I shall try the build you suggest popcornmix.
Is it the same fix as suggested by teedubb?

Must admit though ,I am a little bit surprised this 'funny' has not been highlighted before by others Smile - I would have thought what I am doing is pretty basic xbmc stuff?

Thats not taking away from the wonderful work you guys do!

Thanks very much

pootler
Yeah both the same thing - in frodo its a advancedsetting and in Gotham its a menu option with the ability to configure the timeout.
(2013-11-04, 23:22)teeedubb Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah both the same thing - in frodo its a advancedsetting and in Gotham its a menu option with the ability to configure the timeout.

Thanks teeedubb!
(2013-11-04, 22:23)popcornmix Wrote: [ -> ]Is this hdmi audio? It is likely your receiver (or TV) takes a second to sync.
There has recently been support for "stream silence" which keeps the receiver active for a given specified length of time (e.g. 5 minutes) which means the next track played won't miss the start of audio.

You do need a very new build for this to work correctly.
e.g. this openelec gotham build should work
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-6zmED...sp=sharing

but it may be best to wait a little for it to appear in a more stable build.

I think your last line is correct.
This build does seems a bit ''flakey'' Smile
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to solve the problem though.
I set the ''device alive'' option to ''always'' and also tried ''10 minutes'' - still missing the first snippet of audio?
It also now ''hunts for hmdi connection when i stop a video, and when I try to access any other libraries,etc ( over SMB also)
Breaks my VDR dependencies as well!

I shall wait for another build i guess Sad

thanks for your help.

pootler
(2013-11-04, 23:13)pootler Wrote: [ -> ]Must admit though ,I am a little bit surprised this 'funny' has not been highlighted before by others Smile - I would have thought what I am doing is pretty basic xbmc stuff?

It has, but it never really gained any traction.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142808