Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stream from XBMC to laptop in the same network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a raspberry with xbmc 12, how can I stream content from xbmc to my laptop?
DLNA could be a solution?
Yes, it could be. Enable UPnP support in XBMC.
So I already enable UPnP on the xbmc instance, now how can I "connect" to it?
I have to start playing a video with the remote interface and after attach to it?
Can you suggest me a video player that supports this protocol?
If your laptop also has XBMC installed, you can do this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...using_UPnP
Otherwise, you can install a UPnP/DLNA client app on your laptop. Google for options available for your OS.
I'm back Angel

With Ubuntu and vlc 2.0.8 in the "local network" view a I see under UPnP an entry named "Xmbc" but no files listed under it.
I would just use samba, you can easily open the files within the network on any connect computer using smb shares
I can access to the rasp usb files via samba share but when I play video from the rasp it's very slow.
I'm using the same wifi connection both for the laptop and the rasp
theres 2 things...the speed of your wifi/possible obstructions between computers. and then theres the rasp specs...theres little ram on the rasp and i forget the max ethernet speed.

check the speed of your internet on the rasp. check to see if you can upgrade ram or other specs (check what your max ethernet speed is first) also you may want to edit your advanced settings file to give you faster buffering time by increasing the amount of ram xbmc may use. do that by adding the following:
Code:
    <network>
        <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
    </network>