Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Major update to skin editor :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have been going nuts trying to figure out how to make the skin editor so it will not become unusable after next update and i think i got it.

updates:

there is a new list section on the right that will list any unknown items in a control. this also enables you to add any new setting that may be added to any control. just type it in as you want it in the xml file(<newsetting>something</newsetting>) and it will be saved and added to the end of that control.

another new list is a comments list. this will save any comments it finds within a control and save it so you can edit it and view it from within the editor. any comment that is not within the control(after </control> but before the next <control>) will also be saved and added back in the same place when saving the xml file.

animations are now in list form as they would appear in your xml file. i did this because trying to display a setting for each possible animation(you can have multiple per control) takes up too much space and this was the easiest way to fix it.

all three of these were added to the right hand column and can be collapsed(hidden) or expanded.

with these additions, in theory any new control type or control setting should be usable and editable from within the editor removing the chance of it becoming obsolete after the next skin version. my goal is to also have the ability to add a setting to a control from within the editor and save the changes.

i am almost up to date with all the changes so far. once skin version 2.0 is out i should be ready for a release shortly after!

added a bunch of prebuilt controls so you can add weather info, music info, video info, date, ect.. to any window by simply selecting it in the menu.

sounds like you are on the rigth track here. i'm really anxious to give it a go.

Quote:there is a new list section on the right that will list any unknown items in a control. this also enables you to add any new setting that may be added to any control. just type it in as you want it in the xml file(<newsetting>something</newsetting>) and it will be saved and added to the end of that control.

maybe this function could be extended to support creation and saving of personal/favuorite custom controls (or control sets? i'm not familiar enough with the system yet) in the editor to the "prebuilt items"-menu? maybe even support for downloading and adding other users cutom controls?

great job... :bowdown:

this is already avail through import and export. if you export a control it will save all the information from that control in a file that can then be imported directly into any xml file that is loaded. if i remember i released a couple already saved with the last version Smile
things are going good. i am exited as i just ordered my new pc parts for my new gaming machine! looks like no xbox360 for me Sad but playing at 1600x1200 on my 19" syncmaster flat screen is way better and i can always connect my new bfg 7800gt to my 55"widescreen if i feel the need.
is there textures.xpr support (extracting, packing)?
i know jm talked about some time ago...

thx for this editor and the "time-investment" into this :bowdown:
at this time no. i spent alot of time translating code from c to delphi for it to work but there is a access violation that prevents me from using lzo decompression. i checked the website and they said a delphi version may be released but until then i don't see it happening. if the media file were not avail. for download i would look into it more but almost every new skin has the images avail.
my new pc parts came and i built my new gamer system. everything worked great. i just played battlefield 2 at 1600x1200 with everything on high and 2x aa. wow!

this may mean less work on the skin editor but i will try to still have it out very shortly after 2.0 engine is released.