Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Snow falling help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello all,

I am using an app called Desktopsnow to make it snow on my desktop. This program produces falling snow on any open window. When I click a key on the keyboard it stops for 10 seconds, then starts snowing again. This looks really cool with my Aeon MQ5 Christmas theme going including Christmas pictures, colors, etc. The waf is great and guests to the theater think its a neat touch. Anyways, right now i am manually stopping the snow when i start a movie/TV show. I was wondering if there was a way to somehow be able to automatically shut down this program as the video starts and turn it back on after the video is over? Possibly even start the program on XBMC load?

Sorry kind of a strange request, but thats why we love XMBC

I know at some point there was someone who created a snow machine, but i am not really good with editing scripts/xml's

Thanks for the help,
Which OS? I'm guessing Windows? It's probably possible. I don't know much about scripting, but I know it's possible to execute actions based on the start and stop/end of a video.
ah i guess that would help. I am on windows 7 running Frodo 12.2, and aeon mq5 1.5.1.

Thanks!