Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sound stutter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All
I don't know if this is the right place to ask Huh
But, when I playback a movie, MKV files with HD audio, I get a click/stutter(only short duration,<1/2sec) every 120 sec, but can't figure out why.
I'm using a Mac mini running windows 7, and uses Wasapi sound.
Any suggestions are very appreciated.Blush
Did u enable the option sync playback to display ? Maybe along with the setting video clock....?
(2013-11-07, 02:51)bimme Wrote: [ -> ]Did u enable the option sync playback to display ? Maybe along with the setting video clock....?

Hi there Bimme
Thx for your advise. I didn't enable sync playback or adjust the video clock, should I do this? I'll look at it later today
Smile
no u shouldn´t do this, this will introduce the Problem u mentioned cause Audio pakets will be skipped or doubled to Keep in sync with the Video clock in some cases...
how is ur mac mini connected and to what Hardware?
Hi, ok, sorry for the misunderstanding Wink
The Mini is connected with HDMI to my Onkyo pr-sc 5509 processor, and the Onkyo is connected with HDMI to my Samsung Plasma Tv..........
Bimme, guess what?.... I checked if sync playback to display was activated, and it was( don't know why) I unchecked it, and the sound stutter is goneeeee with the wind Big Grin
Thx very much for your help, very kind of you Smile
You're welcome Smile
This may not match your problem exactly, but I’ll past it anywayz.

I used to have these two problems.

1: Random audio/video stutter when watching a Blu-ray ISO, accompanied by a loud noise (bzzz-bzz-bzzz) that lasted 2-3 seconds and recurred frequently. How frequently, depends on the computers energy saving settings.

I solved it by turning of the timer that saves energy by stopping the hard drives from spinning. Apparently the stutter came from some type of electricity surge when the hard drives began to spin again. This probably happened after XBMC came to the end of the stored data in the RAM and needed to retrieve more data from the hard drive(?).

If you have Windows you should go to Start menu => Control panel => Hardware and Sound => Power Options => click on "Change plan settings" => click on "Change advanced power settings" => click on "Hard disk" => click on "Turn of hard disk after" => set it to "Never" => click "OK" at the bottom.

2: Buffering issues when watching a Blu-ray ISO from two of my hard drives, but not from my other hard drives. Eventually I realized that the buffering was due to the fact that these two hard drives where connected to a 4x PCI-E card http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/U3S6 that had two SATA 3 ports.

This card was supposed to speed things up, instead it did the opposite. I don't know why, but it was the cause of the buffering problem. I connected the hard drives to SATA 2.0 ports on the main motherboard and the buffering problem stopped.

This won't solve everyone's problems, but could be helpful in specific circumstances. I have reposted in different threads incase it could be useful to someone.

(W7, AMD Radeon HD 6450, Xonar Essence ST, Onkyo receiver, Sony projector, Eden and Transparency! 4.x)