Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC on Ouya crashes after running slideshow for hours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I'm not really sure exactly what could be causing the problem but here's my situation:

I'm currently running XBMC 13 Gotham Alpha 9 on an Ouya game console, and using it to play a recursive slideshow that contains a mix of JPG, PNG, and H.264 video content. The videos are 1080p (usually in .mp4 or .m4v containers, and about the length of an average movie trailer) while the images are of various resolutions (but all are 16:9 ratio). All of this content is stored on an 8GB USB flash stick. The pan/zoom effects have been disabled and each JPG/PNG slide is set to play for 10 seconds with H.264 content tossed in between. The slideshow is set to Random. Overall, the complete slideshow is about one hour in length and designed to repeat the entire show when all assets have been played at least once, hopefully for the duration of a minimum of 6~8 hours.

After about 90 minutes to 4 hours, XBMC crashes and brings me back to the Ouya's main menu. I'm not really sure what causes it to crash.

Here's my latest debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=81485

I also tried the XBMC client in the Ouya store, but that one just simply crashes whenever it tried to play a video using the Pictures main menu option, even though they play fine when accessed through the Movie menu options. Odd, but it looks like the newer Gotham releases fixed that issue. Now I have the issue of the XBMC app crashing after a running a looping slideshow for a very long period of time.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
We need a logcat (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Off...d/FAQ#Logs) to be able to debug crashes
Thanks for the tip, Koying. Unfortunately, I did a System Restore on the Ouya box thinking it might be something I installed that may have interfered with XBMC, so chances are that log may have been reset. Right now, I'm running a little cleaner with just a file manager and XBMC installed on the unit.

I decided to try 20131107 nightly build and see if that makes things a little better, but if it crashes again, I'll keep you updated.
Here's the latest LogCat file from my most recent crash: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B30G13S...sp=sharing

This is running the 20131107 nightly build. The slideshow ran for approximately 50 minutes and crashed at around 10:19 local time.

Also, I'm running the content off the built-in storage instead of a USB stick in this run since I had to loan that stick to someone at work temporarily ... not sure what difference it could make, but if you want me to keep running content off a USB stick, I can do that for future tests.
An update:

I went back to the Alpha-9 build because the nightly build I used was running the slideshow a lot shorter than I would have liked.

After about 4 1/2 hours later, the slideshow has finally went kaput and crashed back to the Ouya main menu. I also went back to playing content off a USB stick-- maybe that's a factor to key in since my slideshows seem to run slightly longer when running off a stick as opposed to running off the internal memory.

Here is the latest log files: Looking at the LogCat, I think it might be a memory-related thing. I noticed that shortly before XBMC crashed, the memory counter was hovering around 100~ish MB, according to the debug overlay on the upper corner of the screen. At the start of the test, the Ouya had roughly 650 MB of free memory. Would there be a memory-leak somewhere?