Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-05-12, 04:45)makkonen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-11, 17:48)delboy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-05-11, 08:42)makkonen Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: nevermind. Posted this before reading the latest post from dmd. I'll continue to use the other strm creation tool for now. Thanks!
Which other strm creation tool are you using? Thanks  

I kludged together a little python script a few months ago that makes strm files. It's here: https://github.com/makkonen/get-google-drive-streams

However, because it's worked for me, I haven't done anything to update it or make it any more robust. (for instance, I realized after I made it that it might continue to make entries for files which have subsequently been deleted).

You could also try the webui version of the emby plugin, but I haven't tried that:
(2018-04-20, 15:08)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-20, 14:31)beljim7419 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I'm on Windows but have spare pc to install Linux or a a few vps servers floating around so can have a play this weekend.
 Install (git clone) this on a Linux VPS (it is light-powered, can run even on a VPS with just 128mb RAM):

https://github.com/ddurdle/Python-Google...ideoStream

It's the KODI Gdrive plugin in webui form, but the scheduler has been in there for awhile.  Enroll an account and then use the scheduler function to generate the STRMs.

Don't modify enable parameter hiding (in settings) unless you have PyCrypto installed.  

Also, I'm just noticing this, since I haven't been following along that closely lately:
(2018-04-18, 00:26)beljim7419 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still struggling to get some kind of scheduled strms working with this addon.
The best option I have come up with is to use @makkonen windows strm maker This one on a windows machine then get emby to work it's magic on the resulting strms.

My issue is @makkonen strm generator for some reason fails to generate a few of my files and I am stumped as to why not. They are named in the same way.
My only clue is when I use the same script on my VPS windows server it misses far more of the files, so this could be a clue as why it's happening.

I was hoping Makkonen was around to give me a clue but looks like he doesn't frequent the forum anymore. Anyone else have Python knowledge that could enlighten me?

My first guess was that my script was failing to pick up some files since it's filtering on mimetype instead of name... But I can't see how that would change based on where it's run. Maybe it comes down to python library variants. I'm far from an expert, so I'm just guessing.

I gather you've moved on to a better solution since then, but if other people are using it and having an issue, I can try to dig into it a bit.  
I like the idea of having a central storing of srtm files and emby server on a vps. Then any kodi device can just access the same content.

@makkonen python script can get the new strm files as a shceduled task and the Emby server can grab the art and meta all independant of individuals kodi systems.

I was running the python script on a windows 2012 vps (location canada) using the latest python install. v3.6 if I recall. (i had a lot of missing items with this setup, I forget how many but quite a lot)
The script ran with only a few missing items on my windows 10 local machine in the U.K. (about 3 if I recall) I just ended up deleting the offenders.
I couldn't figure out the reason as both instances were running the same python verson and both on a windows machine. Only difference was country location (canada/UK) and one was on a vps vs local machine.
hi dmdsoftware ,
in your opinion , and sorry for steeping ahead here , but when the new service (GOOGLE ONE) will be out, the addon will work as is , or you will need to make some changes?
https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/14/say-he...oogle-one/   
this GOOGLE ONE sounds fantastic, 50% lower precise  ^

https://one.google.com/getupdates
(2018-05-14, 20:36)scofield272 Wrote: [ -> ]hi dmdsoftware ,
in your opinion , and sorry for steeping ahead here , but when the new service (GOOGLE ONE) will be out, the addon will work as is , or you will need to make some changes?
https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/14/say-he...oogle-one/   
this GOOGLE ONE sounds fantastic, 50% lower precise  ^

https://one.google.com/getupdates
 Nothing actually changes but a bit if rebranding for gmail users.  The clarification posted afterwards confirms G Suite users will continue to know Google Drive as Google Drive.
Hi, how does offline thumbnails work?

When i save to strm, it doesn't show any jpg of the thumbnails with the strm files. Is it under a secret folder? I can see thumbnails perfectly from the gdrive addon but I would like to generate the offline thumbnails.
you need to make a db in kodi with strm.

So you need to generate strms from your gdrive folder, like movie.

Then you save these strms in a folder.

Add source and select this folder with strm.

Now scraper this folder with strm, and you have you library in kodi that works also offline ( but you know that you can't able to play them, you must stay online for that )

Bye
Is the app down? My drive was working now it says error and when I try to sign it it tells me I cant as the app is not verified by google
(2018-05-25, 23:28)ilovemymac Wrote: [ -> ]Is the app down? My drive was working now it says error and when I try to sign it it tells me I cant as the app is not verified by google
 Use newest version 0.8.66
I’m sure that’s what it is. I’ll check but I assume it auto updates from the repo.
If you are at the latest version of the plugin, try re-enrolling to ensure you are using the proper google credentials set.  Google has changed this with regards to GDPR.  

I just retried and have no problem enrolling an account.

Upgrade to regular "gdrive".  I think you may be still using gdrive-testing.  

From this repository:
http://dmdsoftware.com/home/repository.ddurdle.zip
I tried to install this for a friend and he cannot get to the website to authorize. I can no problem . I have no idea why he cannot. I had him disable his firewall and still he cannot. Any ideas why?
OK as soon as i do this and it gives me the code i paste it and give it a nicname and click ok the page is blank and i click ok on the popup in KODi and nothing happens
(2018-05-28, 21:56)ilovemymac Wrote: [ -> ]OK as soon as i do this and it gives me the code i paste it and give it a nicname and click ok the page is blank and i click ok on the popup in KODi and nothing happens
 Back out of the kodi plugin and re-enter and it should be enrolled now.
I have playback issues suddenly and cant enroll a account using the latest version
I just tried on a brand new install of KODI with plugin 0.8.66.

Opened plugin, clicked enroll account.  Left it on the ok dialog.  Opened web browser on another device, navigated to IP_ADDRESS:8011/enroll
Got the enroll screen. Clicked the default client ID which opened a new tab.  Logged into Google account.  Clicked accept.  Received code.  Copied code.  Opened first browser where it was waiting for nickname and code.  Entered "test" for nickname.  Entered code.  Clicked submit.  Got "successfully enrolled account".

went back to KODI device.  Clicked OK.  Then hit back.  Screen with accounts refreshed by hitting back.  "test" showed up.  Navigated into account fine.  Played back media fine.
Does the auto stream creation work in the latest version of this addon? How do I setup a schedule for auto strm?

Thx,
V