Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On various APIs, Google inserted a warning at the top saying that the API would stop working after April 20th. I know I use a bunch of third party services that use OpenID2 and when I authenticate with them, google injects a warning that OpenID2 support ends April 20th, and to advise the developer to upgrade. I don't use OAUTH2 in the plugins, but who knows exactly what is going to vanish. I use a lot of API routines that are not documented anyways (had to find them from reverse engineering) and because they are not documented, who knows if they will disappear.

This is why I wanted to quickly get to the modular format so that I can use other Google API implementations instead of the one. There are 5 APIs (Google Docs List v1-3, Google Drive REST v1-2) to access your Drive files, the more implementations you have, the more future-proof you become. Google Docs v3 has a warning of stop working on April 20. I use several API routines that actually work on both docs.google.com and drive.google.com, but because they are undocumented, I don't know if they'll continue to work under drive.google.com. Under the documentation from Google on migration details, they list suggest anything that works with drive.google.com should work. https://developers.google.com/drive/web/migration

My focus this little while it fixing/bringing back implementation from 0.4.* back to 0.5.* and future-proofing by adding additional modules to implement using the other Google APIs. I rely on playback of Google Drive content in XBMC on a daily basis. So far, of all cloud service providers, they have the best reliability, besides when they decide to retire APIs.
I'm sorry if this was posted elsewhere, but is it possible to use this to add your google drive account to the file menu in Kodi? This would allow me to download new zip's, etc, and open them instantly from my google drive box.
A new release with two-fold.
1) fix API call 'video' - Before 0.5.0, you could call the plugin with ?mode=video&title=somemedianame in a STRM to playback that video file. In 0.5.0 a filename parameter was added as a required parameter. If you omit this filename parameter, it will revert back to pre 0.5.0 behaviour and playback the file most closely matching title=somemedianame
2) search -- added [SEARCH] function that lets you search for media across your drive and present a list of the results for playback. Added bonus, you can create a STRM file with ?mode=search&title=somemedianame, and when playedback will perform a SEARCH and return a list of media files matching the criteria. If you want to perform a "I feel lucky" type search, where you immediately playback the first search result, use ?mode=video&title=somemedianame in a STRM, and it will playback the first media file that best matches.

New release 0.5.4.
http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...-0.5.4.zip

Version 0.5.4
- backward support: API video with title
- API: add search function
- add search function

Updated in the ddurdle-testing repository -- http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...esting.zip
(2015-03-22, 04:09)mlu3141 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry if this was posted elsewhere, but is it possible to use this to add your google drive account to the file menu in Kodi? This would allow me to download new zip's, etc, and open them instantly from my google drive box.

Sorry, only media file playback is supported.
Great work!

Does kodi mark the .strm files as watched automatically? Also, does it resume from the last watched position?
(2015-03-23, 21:50)hans01 Wrote: [ -> ]Great work!

Does kodi mark the .strm files as watched automatically? Also, does it resume from the last watched position?

No, there is a bug in KODI that has been open since Eden release. It has been marked as accepted, just a matter of when they will fix this. http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/12763

In meanwhile, one of the ideas I had was to use Google Spreadsheets to track the media watched. Would allow you to at least see the status within the plugin. It could record the last position watched as well. It would be handy so that if you are watching a series, you could play "next unwatched episode".
I think this reflects the latest feature list with the planned components marked. Probably missed a few things...

awesome work, will test it out when i get home!
Some minor fixes, especially around multiple account support.

New release 0.5.5.
http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...-0.5.5.zip

Version 0.5.5
- fix: create directories of STRM on network paths
- fix: playback of STRM files without username/instancename when multiple accounts are defined
- fix: add username to buildSTRM
- add: shared content
- add: support write STRM to network path

Updated in the ddurdle-testing repository -- http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...esting.zip
So this is working for library integration? Is there a tutorial for it, because i don't see any created stream files. Thanks
(2015-03-29, 11:07)MattBlacK85 Wrote: [ -> ]So this is working for library integration? Is there a tutorial for it, because i don't see any created stream files. Thanks

This is for a different plugin, but the steps are the same.

Nice! Working great. Only thing is that of every file in gdrive it creates a strm file. So pictures, nfo etcetera. Now in the library i have 5 same moviesfile instead of 1. Hit or miss which is the good one. Is it possible that it only creates streamfiles from mkv, mp4, avi.

And automated creating streamfiles every day? So don't have to do it mannually

If that is sorted out it will je perfect. Can we donate?
(2015-03-29, 16:21)MattBlacK85 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice! Working great. Only thing is that of every file in gdrive it creates a strm file. So pictures, nfo etcetera. Now in the library i have 5 same moviesfile instead of 1. Hit or miss which is the good one. Is it possible that it only creates streamfiles from mkv, mp4, avi.

Ah, yes, I'll tie the STRM into the setting in Settings. I have a setting that lets you define what you want to display when you view the Video/Music/Photo plugin, for instance to view only Videos, Videos and Music or Everything, when using the plugin from Video. I'll tie so it also only creates STRM for what the user would see.

You can run the STRM process using a STRM or playlist file for either a single file, directory, or an entire account. Creating this STRM would be manually done, but it could be probably simplified by adding an option. You can set a playlist to run on startup. It wouldn't be too difficult, I don't think, to add a scheduler option.

Donations always accepted below. It pays for keeping a server going hosting the files, hosting for OAUTH2 authentication, and any cloud service storage costs.

http://goo.gl/j7v7SD
Just donated a small amount to show appreciation for the work done so far. I see awesome things in the roadmap (.srt integration, yes!!!) and will look forward to further developments.
(2015-03-29, 16:21)MattBlacK85 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice! Working great. Only thing is that of every file in gdrive it creates a strm file. So pictures, nfo etcetera. Now in the library i have 5 same moviesfile instead of 1. Hit or miss which is the good one. Is it possible that it only creates streamfiles from mkv, mp4, avi.

Hi Guys,
I can add STRM files in Hive.IM but on gdrive i see nothing. Any ideas? When i right click i have slide show. Addon information and Addon settings