Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-05-14, 04:44)Norin_Radd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there!

I'm new here and I'm only a mere user, don't have much knowledge on IT.

I enjoy very much this addon, I used once but know is really becoming one of the best and intend to use it regularly.

I installed the testing version by the repo, i made the login, everything is fine, but i can't make use of some things.

I added several strm from google drive, movies video work just fine, went in the drive via addon created a strm file directly from a folder, defined the movies folder on settings, then added the folder to the library through video files, all went good, except it doesn't read my srt subtitle in the same folder with the same name, no big deal i have autosubs.

The problem i identified and didn´t manage was with series, i added a strm from a folder with subdirectories to my series folder of settings and added as source ex: seriesname -> seriesname - season 7 -> series.name.S07E01.HDTV.x264-TEAM.mp4.strm this is how it appears but this doesn´t add to the library nor it scrapes.

Ok maybe its bad construction of name file, don´t know, maybe someone could explain me.

The other issue is that when i added strm from gdrive it goes to the main folder on settings and then it goes to the series folder, when i did it, it was on the two locations but on the series folder there were no streams, so i add to do it manually on esexplorer (i have an android box), cut paste from default miscfolder to my series folder.

My idea was when adding strm you could pick on wich folder you want to add the strm file, is simpler and maybe avoid some bugs or noob issues like i had.

The other thing i couldn´t do was to add music to the music library, because there is no predefined folder to do so like for movies and series, so i named the misc folder musicgdrive stream and added the mp3 over there (it always add the strm files there for default i think).
So i set my music folder from pre defined gdrive folder and entering there the mp3.strm plays but i didn´t manage to add them despite off clicking on add to the library. Like in the series i added a folder with: band -> ( album1 ->mp3.strm + album2 -> mp3.strm ).

Is it possible to add music to the library?

Another cool feature was to upload to gdrive, because many addons enable downloading, so maybe we could upload media files and srt also, but i think that might be almost impossible i guess.

Everyone asked about photos and no one about mp3 and music, i think this is very important on a media center, having videos, music and photos would be great.

thanks for considering my first and hope helpful post.

I believe Series Names \ Season # \ filename is what the KODI scanner is looking for. If you input a directory location in TV Shows in the settings, it will try to create TV Show .STRM files in this directory structure for you. Otherwise, you can create the folder structure yourself. The filename looks ok.

I haven't tried scanning into the library music, so I am not aware of the directory structure required.
(2015-05-14, 14:34)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-14, 12:56)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Am I correct in assuming that the spreadsheet file needs to be at root level on Drive?

No, I don't believe so. The sheets API ignores folders and will list all spreadsheets across the account.
Huh... ok. I was actually worried it wouldn't have been ok at the root level (where it's easier to place for my setup). Thanks!
(2015-05-14, 14:40)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-14, 04:44)Norin_Radd Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there!

I'm new here and I'm only a mere user, don't have much knowledge on IT.

I enjoy very much this addon, I used once but know is really becoming one of the best and intend to use it regularly.

I installed the testing version by the repo, i made the login, everything is fine, but i can't make use of some things.

I added several strm from google drive, movies video work just fine, went in the drive via addon created a strm file directly from a folder, defined the movies folder on settings, then added the folder to the library through video files, all went good, except it doesn't read my srt subtitle in the same folder with the same name, no big deal i have autosubs.

The problem i identified and didn´t manage was with series, i added a strm from a folder with subdirectories to my series folder of settings and added as source ex: seriesname -> seriesname - season 7 -> series.name.S07E01.HDTV.x264-TEAM.mp4.strm this is how it appears but this doesn´t add to the library nor it scrapes.

Ok maybe its bad construction of name file, don´t know, maybe someone could explain me.

The other issue is that when i added strm from gdrive it goes to the main folder on settings and then it goes to the series folder, when i did it, it was on the two locations but on the series folder there were no streams, so i add to do it manually on esexplorer (i have an android box), cut paste from default miscfolder to my series folder.

My idea was when adding strm you could pick on wich folder you want to add the strm file, is simpler and maybe avoid some bugs or noob issues like i had.

The other thing i couldn´t do was to add music to the music library, because there is no predefined folder to do so like for movies and series, so i named the misc folder musicgdrive stream and added the mp3 over there (it always add the strm files there for default i think).
So i set my music folder from pre defined gdrive folder and entering there the mp3.strm plays but i didn´t manage to add them despite off clicking on add to the library. Like in the series i added a folder with: band -> ( album1 ->mp3.strm + album2 -> mp3.strm ).

Is it possible to add music to the library?

Another cool feature was to upload to gdrive, because many addons enable downloading, so maybe we could upload media files and srt also, but i think that might be almost impossible i guess.

Everyone asked about photos and no one about mp3 and music, i think this is very important on a media center, having videos, music and photos would be great.

thanks for considering my first and hope helpful post.

I believe Series Names \ Season # \ filename is what the KODI scanner is looking for. If you input a directory location in TV Shows in the settings, it will try to create TV Show .STRM files in this directory structure for you. Otherwise, you can create the folder structure yourself. The filename looks ok.

I haven't tried scanning into the library music, so I am not aware of the directory structure required.

I don´t understand why it doesn´t add the series if it seems to be ok. (i didn´t quite get what you mean).

But you didn´t mention the possibilitie to add to specified folder when adding the strm file.

About the music library, someone told me it´s more difficult because the metadata and kodi doesnt recognize it from strm, something like that, but i would like to add it also. For me the music is more important than photos.
I managed to add the series to the library.

How i did it? Becouse i defined 3 different folders misc, movies, series on settings, adding strm file goest to misc by default then it sends to series folder, but theres a Bug in that operation, cause on video source series folder theres no strm file so it doesnt scrape, i had to cut copy paste the folder series -> season # -> file.strm to the series folder of settings, and your video source series folder has to have series 1 -> etc + Series 2-> etc to scrape if it is for example studio -> series 1 -> etc + series 2 -> etc it doesn´t add.

Still doesn´t read subtitles from gdrive.

Other thing when i add new content on google drive folder the strm doesnt update, no major issue, just have to add stream, having to copy paste to series folder settings thats annoying.

Despite that you have one of the best, and crucial for me, addons on kodi, thank you for that. I don´t need no NAS ever.

Other thing i would like to suggest is adding music to library, and in the future adding games to library for future use on retroplayer, that would be awesome and you would manage to have a crucial and major addon for a lifetime.

Uploading to cloud what i have downloaded on kodi would be great too.

I thank you again for making this possible. Smile
(2015-05-15, 11:32)Norin_Radd Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to add the series to the library.

How i did it? Becouse i defined 3 different folders misc, movies, series on settings, adding strm file goest to misc by default then it sends to series folder, but theres a Bug in that operation, cause on video source series folder theres no strm file so it doesnt scrape, i had to cut copy paste the folder series -> season # -> file.strm to the series folder of settings, and your video source series folder has to have series 1 -> etc + Series 2-> etc to scrape if it is for example studio -> series 1 -> etc + series 2 -> etc it doesn´t add.

Other thing when i add new content on google drive folder the strm doesnt update, no major issue, just have to add stream, having to copy paste to series folder settings thats annoying.

Despite that you have one of the best, and crucial for me, addons on kodi, thank you for that. I don´t need no NAS ever.

Other thing i would like to suggest is adding music to library, and in the future adding games to library for future use on retroplayer, that would be awesome and you would manage to have a crucial and major addon for a lifetime.

I will add these as requests so they are not forgotten.
https://github.com/ddurdle/XBMC-gdrive/issues/34
https://github.com/ddurdle/XBMC-gdrive/issues/35
https://github.com/ddurdle/XBMC-gdrive/issues/36

Music to library is definitely something that I'll be looking at in next few weeks. The upload is possible, but I didn't see any need for it, but if users have a need, then it is possible to add it. I'll have to look into retroplayer. I only looked at it now, and it looks interesting.

For the video that won't load the subtitles, what is the filename for the video called, and the filename for the subtitles? Anything.anything should the subtitle names Anything.anything.en.srt where en is any language.
(2015-05-15, 14:39)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-15, 11:32)Norin_Radd Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to add the series to the library.

Music to library is definitely something that I'll be looking at in next few weeks. The upload is possible, but I didn't see any need for it, but if users have a need, then it is possible to add it. I'll have to look into retroplayer. I only looked at it now, and it looks interesting.

For the video that won't load the subtitles, what is the filename for the video called, and the filename for the subtitles? Anything.anything should the subtitle names Anything.anything.en.srt where en is any language.

it has the proper name no language, example: movie: anything.mp4 and subtitle: anything.srt , they are on the same folder of gdrive, should be the same as reading from disk. But with the autosubs thats no major issue.

Thank you very much for considering the suggestions.
(2015-05-15, 19:23)Norin_Radd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-15, 14:39)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]

it has the proper name no language, example: movie: anything.mp4 and subtitle: anything.srt , they are on the same folder of gdrive, should be the same as reading from disk. But with the autosubs thats no major issue.

Thank you very much for considering the suggestions.

At this time, it requires some suffix like .en.srt where en is the language prefix. I can look at accepting no prefix.

An alternative or better way, is to load your SRT as a caption track. In the Google Drive web interface, if you select Details on the video file, you can add "caption tracks". You can import your srt file as a caption track. There are a lot of advanced features such as transaltions etc. Plus, not only will the captions load in the KODI plugin, but they'll also playback when you use the web app. The KODI plugin supports both srt and these caption tracks.
Hi,

Why when I try to mount a Google Drive account using OAUTH2 login I got the Bad Request error?

Thanks for your help!

Guillaume
Hi, I installed both, stable and test version, loged with user + password (@guillaumesoucy says that he use OAUTH2) and i get Bad Request error too.
ERROR: gdrive: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request

That genererates a:
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'
(2015-05-16, 21:24)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Why when I try to mount a Google Drive account using OAUTH2 login I got the Bad Request error?

Thanks for your help!

Guillaume

Which type? dmdsoftware oauth2, private oauth2, your own oauth2, or google apps?
(2015-05-17, 12:57)Julipo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I installed both, stable and test version, loged with user + password (@guillaumesoucy says that he use OAUTH2) and i get Bad Request error too.
ERROR: gdrive: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request

That genererates a:
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Google Apps or ClientLogin?
ClientLogin (normal gmail/google account) (with permission to less secure apps enabled, because first login was blocked by Google)
One thing: The Bad Request 400 is not in login stage. Login and file listing is ok. The problem is that I click in a MP3 it shows an ERROR and the log shows the Bad Request message.

Other ¿error? I click in "show all music" and no result is showed (and I have some MP3 in folders)
(2015-05-17, 18:05)Julipo Wrote: [ -> ]One thing: The Bad Request 400 is not in login stage. Login and file listing is ok. The problem is that I click in a MP3 it shows an ERROR and the log shows the Bad Request message.

Thanks for the additional information. Assumed it was on login.

I'll get back to you with a fix today.
(2015-05-17, 18:07)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-17, 18:05)Julipo Wrote: [ -> ]One thing: The Bad Request 400 is not in login stage. Login and file listing is ok. The problem is that I click in a MP3 it shows an ERROR and the log shows the Bad Request message.

Thanks for the additional information. Assumed it was on login.

I'll get back to you with a fix today.
Don't worry (for me). No matter if you have a fix in 1 hour o 1 week.

Other ¿error? I click in "show all music" and no result is showed (and I have some MP3 in folders)