Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-08-01, 04:07)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 04:04)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 04:00)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]Finally the two first devices stop played the test song and I get the same error than the third machine.

The copy of the settings.xml, does it contain values for the refresh and access token? Did you take a copy of the file before activating the account on the first device?

No, I take a copy of the file after the account was activated. I was no issue to transfert it to segond machine but that fail at the third, please note the third machine was not on the same public IP address.

It shouldn't matter about the IP -- I routinely have multiple refressh and access tokens associated with a single OAUTH2 code across 6 different IP addresses.

Are the directory and file listings coming up when you access the plugin?
(2015-08-01, 04:10)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 04:07)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 04:04)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]The copy of the settings.xml, does it contain values for the refresh and access token? Did you take a copy of the file before activating the account on the first device?

No, I take a copy of the file after the account was activated. I was no issue to transfert it to segond machine but that fail at the third, please note the third machine was not on the same public IP address.

It shouldn't matter about the IP -- I routinely have multiple refressh and access tokens associated with a single OAUTH2 code across 6 different IP addresses.

Yes totally. I can see all folders and files without any exeption. Its when its the time to play a file I got the issue.
(2015-08-01, 04:12)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 04:10)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 04:07)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]No, I take a copy of the file after the account was activated. I was no issue to transfert it to segond machine but that fail at the third, please note the third machine was not on the same public IP address.

Yes totally. I can see all folders and files without any exeption. Its when its the time to play a file I got the issue.

Also, for testing purpose, I have uploaded another .mp3 file to Google Drive and I can play the file without any issue. Its appear to be a issue with a single file. Why this happen?
(2015-08-01, 04:47)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 04:12)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 04:10)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]It shouldn't matter about the IP -- I routinely have multiple refressh and access tokens associated with a single OAUTH2 code across 6 different IP addresses.

Also, for testing purpose, I have uploaded another .mp3 file to Google Drive and I can play the file without any issue. Its appear to be a issue with a single file. Why this happen?

I just got the reason of the issue... I exeed the download quota of the file... I think Google is not the most suitable storage for me. I will invest instead into a dedicaded server.
(2015-08-01, 04:51)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 04:47)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 04:12)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes totally. I can see all folders and files without any exeption. Its when its the time to play a file I got the issue.

I just got the reason of the issue... I exeed the download quota of the file... I think Google is not the most suitable storage for me. I will invest instead into a dedicaded server.

How large is the file? Are you sharing it with other people?

I never encountered an inability to download or stream files. I stream and download videos up to 35GB in size routinely.

edit:
There is some discussion here about abusing Google Drive by downloading files too many times in a short period of time (although there is mention about content owner, or the original uploader, not being affected) -- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16856...f-download Ignore the discussion on quotas as there is no quotas and the ones mentioned pertain to gmail only.

If you are linking the file from one account to another, and downloading it repeatedly on the second account, it could be blocked.

For Video files, you can stream video at the transcoding streams unlimited. I don't know if they provide an equivalent undocumented audio streaming API call (the video call is undocumented and doesn't work for music files, but I don't know if there is a hidden audio streaming equivalent)
(2015-08-01, 05:17)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 04:51)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 04:47)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]Also, for testing purpose, I have uploaded another .mp3 file to Google Drive and I can play the file without any issue. Its appear to be a issue with a single file. Why this happen?

I never encountered an inability to download or stream files. I stream and download videos up to 35GB in size routinely.

Its a 12 MB .mp3 file but I lets play it in repeat durings hours, the sound of the computer was turned off so I completly forget to stop the song. The file was not shared with others.
(2015-08-01, 05:20)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 05:17)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 04:51)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]I just got the reason of the issue... I exeed the download quota of the file... I think Google is not the most suitable storage for me. I will invest instead into a dedicaded server.

Its a 12 MB .mp3 file but I lets play it in repeat durings hours, the sound of the computer was turned off so I completly forget to stop the song. The file was not shared with others.

There is some discussion here about abusing Google Drive by downloading files too many times in a short period of time (although there is mention about content owner, or the original uploader, not being affected) -- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16856...f-download Ignore the discussion on quotas as there is no quotas and the ones mentioned pertain to gmail only.

If you are linking the file from one account to another, and downloading it repeatedly on the second account, it could be blocked.

For Video files, you can stream video at the transcoding streams unlimited. I don't know if they provide an equivalent undocumented audio streaming API call (the video call is undocumented and doesn't work for music files, but I don't know if there is a hidden audio streaming equivalent)

My plugin has cache options that can be enabled. I should allow the user to allow for a special setting to download music automatically, assuming that people might want to play songs many times without streaming them repeatedly. Default behaviour in KODI is to toss cache out after the file has finished playing, so repeated plays refetch.
(2015-08-01, 05:25)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 05:20)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 05:17)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]How large is the file? Are you sharing it with other people?

Nah... I will look for dedicaded server tonight for store my data. I don't like see Google playing with my data like a kid play with his toys... :-)

Have a great night!
I've got the add-on working perfectly except for one thing. When I play a movie they always start at the same point. Even if I've watched passed that point or even finished the movie, the next time I play the file it starts at the same place instead of the beginning. I've used the default Google apps login to set up the add-on. Anyone know of a way to have my movies play from the beginning every time? Thanks to the dev for this awesome add-on!
(2015-08-01, 05:36)drewid79 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got the add-on working perfectly except for one thing. When I play a movie they always start at the same point. Even if I've watched passed that point or even finished the movie, the next time I play the file it starts at the same place instead of the beginning. I've used the default Google apps login to set up the add-on. Anyone know of a way to have my movies play from the beginning every time? Thanks to the dev for this awesome add-on!

Did you use a read/write code? It defaults to use the resume point saved to the google account if you use a read/write code. I'm going to create a "cloud db" page under settings to allow users to toggle these settings so that if you choose to resume using the resume point saved on the google account, you will be able to select it by right-click "cloud resume". These "cloud db" settings essentially allow you to sync your play count/watched status and resume points using your google account (so they are available from any KODI player).
(2015-08-01, 06:10)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 05:36)drewid79 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got the add-on working perfectly except for one thing. When I play a movie they always start at the same point. Even if I've watched passed that point or even finished the movie, the next time I play the file it starts at the same place instead of the beginning. I've used the default Google apps login to set up the add-on. Anyone know of a way to have my movies play from the beginning every time? Thanks to the dev for this awesome add-on!

Did you use a read/write code? It defaults to use the resume point saved to the google account if you use a read/write code. I'm going to create a "cloud db" page under settings to allow users to toggle these settings so that if you choose to resume using the resume point saved on the google account, you will be able to select it by right-click "cloud resume". These "cloud db" settings essentially allow you to sync your play count/watched status and resume points using your google account (so they are available from any KODI player).

That sounds like an excellent feature! I look forward to it. I used the first code listed on your site. It says that it's read only. This isn't a huge deal, just would be nice. Thanks for your good work!
New release:

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.10.zip

Version 0.7.10
- encfs filter fix
- Resume playback issue in 480p (flv) #45
- add avoid format logic
- add Filename Initialization Vector Chaining support
- improvements to audio/music encfs support
- improvements to video encfs support
- improvements to photos encfs support
- broke off encfs to it's own settings
- fix: STRM creation should only be for video and music
- fix: regex for TV STRM scraping
Version 0.7.9
- fix: Filenames with invalid characters #49
Let's go to see it, thank you!
(2015-07-29, 15:38)Chuntzu Wrote: [ -> ]I would really like the video demo when you get a chance. Further testing with encfs yesterday I have a better handle on it, but none of the files will just play through the decrypted function I have to go copy to encfs and back out to the main menu head over to decrypted folder option and then play the downloaded file from there. Does that seem correct? Is that how the encfs function is supposed to work within the plugin? Thank you

Posted a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3d70noAqxU

Make sure you updated to gdrive-testing 0.3.10. There are a lot of tweaks and fixes for encfs.
Hi,

I will continue to use Google Drive as Google Drive account for business do not have download limitation. I make tests and Google Drive support confirm it by phone.

Also, I have upgraded to 7.6 but the only issue right now is, I don't see anymore the link "Scan To Library". Can you please re-add it since its the base of our operations.

Thanks and have a great day!

Guillaume