Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using Testing build [v0.7.10], Kodi 15.1 on Windows 10.

I have set gdrive to export TV STRM files to the folder: C:\STRM\TV. When I right click on a folder in Google Drive, called "series" and choose to export STRM, files get created in C:\STRM\Series with the same folder structure as in Google Drive, example:
C:\STRM\series\Series Name\Season 01\Series Name - S01E01 - Episode Name.mkv.strm

It detects these as TV series and starts automatically creating .strm files in C:\STRM\TV, but the structure is quirky. For example:
C:\STRM\TV\Series Name -\Season 01\ <---- is empty
C:\STRM\TV\Series Name -\Season 01Series Name - S01E01 - Episode Name.mkv.strm
C:\STRM\TV\Series Name -\Season 02Series Name - S02E01 - Episode Name.mkv.strm
and so on.

I suspect a character slash has been missed somewhere, as it's not putting the .strm files into the correct season subfolders, and is instead prefixing the "Season 0X" to the filename and putting these in the series root. Additionally there's a hypen being added on the end of the Series folder names. I believe I am following the standard naming conventions for TV series but happy to be corrected!

Thanks Smile
(2015-09-22, 22:25)Malimar Wrote: [ -> ]Can't wait for the folders updates.

- me to

I'm not sure what this means.
(2015-09-24, 15:07)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Testing build [v0.7.10], Kodi 15.1 on Windows 10.
I've noticed an issue when importing STRM files to the Kodi library - I'm not sure that it'll be fixed within Kodi soon (if at all) so I'll raise it here:
When .sub files are present in a folder in Google Drive, .strm files will be generated for these, so you'll get (for example):
Filename.mkv.strm
Filename.sub.strm

Unfortunately Kodi displays these as another copy of the movie (and you can't really tell from the library view, which is why, although when you try and "play" a .sub.strm you get no quality options presented).

Would you be able to provide the ability to exclude certain file extensions from STRM creation perhaps? I noticed that version 0.7.6 seemed to export a STRM for every single file present in Google Drive, including JPGs, so I supect you've done some filtering already. It also didn't automatically detect that the folder I was exporting contained movies, but 0.7.10 does, so perhaps the fact that .STRM files aren't being produced for JPGs, etc, is because it's decided it's a movie folder Smile

I have another issue but I'll make a separate comment so they can be addressed individually Smile

I'll look into this ASAP
(2015-09-24, 16:15)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Testing build [v0.7.10], Kodi 15.1 on Windows 10.

I have set gdrive to export TV STRM files to the folder: C:\STRM\TV. When I right click on a folder in Google Drive, called "series" and choose to export STRM, files get created in C:\STRM\Series with the same folder structure as in Google Drive, example:
C:\STRM\series\Series Name\Season 01\Series Name - S01E01 - Episode Name.mkv.strm

It detects these as TV series and starts automatically creating .strm files in C:\STRM\TV, but the structure is quirky. For example:
and so on.

I suspect a character slash has been missed somewhere, as it's not putting the .strm files into the correct season subfolders, and is instead prefixing the "Season 0X" to the filename and putting these in the series root. Additionally there's a hypen being added on the end of the Series folder names. I believe I am following the standard naming conventions for TV series but happy to be corrected!

Thanks Smile

I'll look into this as well

opened issue: https://github.com/ddurdle/GDrive-for-KODI/issues/56

edit: i can reproduce this issue. It seems related to only some filename expressions (ones for instance "series - s##e## - blah.ext", among a few others I just tested that also fail).
(2015-09-24, 15:07)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Testing build [v0.7.10], Kodi 15.1 on Windows 10.
I've noticed an issue when importing STRM files to the Kodi library - I'm not sure that it'll be fixed within Kodi soon (if at all) so I'll raise it here:
When .sub files are present in a folder in Google Drive, .strm files will be generated for these, so you'll get (for example):
Filename.mkv.strm
Filename.sub.strm

Unfortunately Kodi displays these as another copy of the movie (and you can't really tell from the library view, which is why, although when you try and "play" a .sub.strm you get no quality options presented).

Would you be able to provide the ability to exclude certain file extensions from STRM creation perhaps? I noticed that version 0.7.6 seemed to export a STRM for every single file present in Google Drive, including JPGs, so I supect you've done some filtering already. It also didn't automatically detect that the folder I was exporting contained movies, but 0.7.10 does, so perhaps the fact that .STRM files aren't being produced for JPGs, etc, is because it's decided it's a movie folder Smile

I have another issue but I'll make a separate comment so they can be addressed individually Smile

Can you try the latest version (v0.7.12) http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.12.zip ?

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Only 1 strm is being created for me. Can you also confirm what file type is being identified for the sub file in Google Drive web browser?

I created an issue for this: https://github.com/ddurdle/GDrive-for-KODI/issues/55
(2015-09-24, 16:41)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-24, 16:15)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Testing build [v0.7.10], Kodi 15.1 on Windows 10.

and so on.

Thanks Smile

edit: i can reproduce this issue. It seems related to only some filename expressions (ones for instance "series - s##e## - blah.ext", among a few others I just tested that also fail).

Fix in 0.7.13:
http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.13.zip

Version 0.7.13
- fix: TV scraping STRM doesn't write to correct path #56
Version 0.7.12
- fix: Music showing up in Videos #50
Version 0.7.11
- fix: Problem activating a second instance with the same account #32
(2015-09-24, 16:41)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]

and so on.

Thanks Smile

Fix in 0.7.13:

Version 0.7.13
Version 0.7.12
Version 0.7.11
(2015-09-25, 02:00)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]Fix in 0.7.13:

Version 0.7.13
Version 0.7.12
Version 0.7.11

Can confirm this fixes the TV scraping STRM issue for me, thanks! Smile Will get back to you re: sub.strm files.
Ok, using 0.7.13 and exporting a folder called "movies01", the folder structure and files created are:

C:\STRM\movies01\Movie Name (year).mkv.strm
C:\STRM\movies01\Movie Name (year).sub.strm
C:\STRM\movies01\Movie Name (year)-trailer.mov.strm
(empty folders are created for extrafanart, and extrathumbs).

C:\STRM\Movies\Movie Name (year).mkv.strm
C:\STRM\Movies\Movie Name (year).sub.strm
C:\STRM\Movies\Movie Name (year)-trailer.mov.strm

No changes from 0.7.10 there. Importing to the library, the -trailer.ext.strm files are ignored and don't appear as additional files (but sadly, there are not "linked" in anyway to the main movie, so the trying to use the trailer button prompts to download a youtube plugin). Sub files still appearing as another copy of the movie.

Looking at the .sub file in Google Drive and clicking "Details", it lists this as a video! Have checked multiple sub files and that was the case for all of them. Presumbly therein lies the problem!
(2015-09-25, 16:33)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, using 0.7.13 and exporting a folder called "movies01", the folder structure and files created are:

C:\STRM\movies01\Movie Name (year).mkv.strm
C:\STRM\movies01\Movie Name (year).sub.strm
C:\STRM\movies01\Movie Name (year)-trailer.mov.strm
(empty folders are created for extrafanart, and extrathumbs).

C:\STRM\Movies\Movie Name (year).mkv.strm
C:\STRM\Movies\Movie Name (year).sub.strm
C:\STRM\Movies\Movie Name (year)-trailer.mov.strm

No changes from 0.7.10 there. Importing to the library, the -trailer.ext.strm files are ignored and don't appear as additional files (but sadly, there are not "linked" in anyway to the main movie, so the trying to use the trailer button prompts to download a youtube plugin). Sub files still appearing as another copy of the movie.

Looking at the .sub file in Google Drive and clicking "Details", it lists this as a video! Have checked multiple sub files and that was the case for all of them. Presumbly therein lies the problem!

How were the files uploaded? -- I'll need to explicitly exclude these files. I normally rely on Google to advise me the content type.
(2015-09-25, 17:27)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]How were the files uploaded? -- I'll need to explicitly exclude these files. I normally rely on Google to advise me the content type.

Mostly, using Syncdocs.
I've just tried dragging and dropping in Chrome though and the same thing happens. Google reports it as a video immediately (I wonder if it tries to process it...!).
(2015-09-22, 19:41)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-21, 00:56)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-20, 17:48)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe plugins can have a "scan to the library" KODI option. With this plugin there is a Save STRM and you can scan the STRM folder to KODI library using the "scan to the library" on that video folder.

How I can perform that? Did you have a how-to guide? Also, why I cannot see my .ts videos files with Kodi? I simply don't saw the file on the app.

Google Drive is probably not marking it as a video file. Did you want me to add it to an inclusion list so that you can test if it plays back?

Yes sure, please tell me how to proceed.
(2015-09-25, 17:33)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-25, 17:27)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]How were the files uploaded? -- I'll need to explicitly exclude these files. I normally rely on Google to advise me the content type.

Mostly, using Syncdocs.
I've just tried dragging and dropping in Chrome though and the same thing happens. Google reports it as a video immediately (I wonder if it tries to process it...!).

(2015-09-26, 05:39)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-22, 19:41)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-21, 00:56)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]How I can perform that? Did you have a how-to guide? Also, why I cannot see my .ts videos files with Kodi? I simply don't saw the file on the app.

Google Drive is probably not marking it as a video file. Did you want me to add it to an inclusion list so that you can test if it plays back?

exclusion for sub now In 0.7.14
http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.14.zip
(2015-09-26, 14:52)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-25, 17:33)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]

Mostly, using Syncdocs.

(2015-09-26, 05:39)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-22, 19:41)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]Google Drive is probably not marking it as a video file. Did you want me to add it to an inclusion list so that you can test if it plays back?

I trie 0.7.14 but I cannot login into Google Drive, it load forever.
(2015-09-26, 15:01)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-26, 14:52)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-25, 17:33)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]Mostly, using Syncdocs.

(2015-09-26, 05:39)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]Yes sure, please tell me how to proceed.

I trie 0.7.14 but I cannot login into Google Drive, it load forever.

Service might be down.