Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Why when I try to install Google Drive plugin I got "Dependency not met" error? I try to do this on my old MacBook 2007 with OS X 10.5.8 and with XBMC 11 Eden on it. Do you still support Eden for your plugins?

Thanks,

Guillaume
I think files in the recycle bin are exported as STRM files. When getting the list of files from Google Drive are you specifying trashed=false? (if you're using https://developers.google.com/drive/v2/r...files/list)
(2015-12-10, 18:52)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Why when I try to install Google Drive plugin I got "Dependency not met" error? I try to do this on my old MacBook 2007 with OS X 10.5.8 and with XBMC 11 Eden on it. Do you still support Eden for your plugins?

Thanks,

Guillaume

No, it would not work as the python dependency is too old. You can try swapping in a version in the addon.xml that might work. Some things like search will not work.
(2015-12-11, 23:17)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]I think files in the recycle bin are exported as STRM files. When getting the list of files from Google Drive are you specifying trashed=false? (if you're using https://developers.google.com/drive/v2/r...files/list)

Yes, trashed files are included.
Has anyone been experiencing choppy playback on "original" format as of late?

It's weird - I've never had this issue before but the last 2 weeks has been very choppy. However, if i choose any of the converted format that google did, the playback is normal.

Anyone experiencing this too?
No, it plays just as fine on my Rpi2 and PC.
BTW, I wanted to ask what exactly do options in Gdrive plugin when I right-click on a folder - Scan Media Info and Watch folder. What do they do? Smile

(2015-12-15, 18:31)madcow84 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone been experiencing choppy playback on "original" format as of late?

It's weird - I've never had this issue before but the last 2 weeks has been very choppy. However, if i choose any of the converted format that google did, the playback is normal.

(2015-12-19, 15:23)MarhyCZ Wrote: [ -> ]No, it plays just as fine on my Rpi2 and PC.
BTW, I wanted to ask what exactly do options in Gdrive plugin when I right-click on a folder - Scan Media Info and Watch folder. What do they do? Smile

(2015-12-15, 18:31)madcow84 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone been experiencing choppy playback on "original" format as of late?

Watch folder playsback all media in that folder in a playlist.
Can you add auto save strm files (something programed for example 1 time per day) and auto search content of this files?
(2015-12-27, 14:35)romangt Wrote: [ -> ]Can you add auto save strm files (something programed for example 1 time per day) and auto search content of this files?

The plugin is being updated to add an option to track changes instead. So it will check for changes on Google Drive (new files) and generate STRM files for them.
(2015-07-17, 15:43)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-10, 22:20)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

How I can do slideshow? When I click on a picture, only the clicked picture was showed, and when I right click on the folder and I left click to slideshow, the screen is just black.

Need some help.

Thanks,

Guillaume

I will look into this.
Hello,

First of all, thank you for your work. I'm a new KODI user and your plugin helps me a lot because we are google addictSmile
So, I would like to definitively convert all my family to use KODI but I have exactly the same issue that Guillaume. The slideshow is stuck on the selected picture or displays a black screen.
Do you have any workaround to suggest ?
I use kodi on win10/pipoX9 combo.

Regards,

Pop_up
(2015-12-27, 16:33)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-27, 14:35)romangt Wrote: [ -> ]Can you add auto save strm files (something programed for example 1 time per day) and auto search content of this files?

The plugin is being updated to add an option to track changes instead. So it will check for changes on Google Drive (new files) and generate STRM files for them.

Awesome!! Thank you!
(2015-12-28, 14:09)pop_up Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-17, 15:43)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-10, 22:20)guillaumesoucy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

How I can do slideshow? When I click on a picture, only the clicked picture was showed, and when I right click on the folder and I left click to slideshow, the screen is just black.

Need some help.

Thanks,

Guillaume

I will look into this.
Hello,

First of all, thank you for your work. I'm a new KODI user and your plugin helps me a lot because we are google addictSmile
So, I would like to definitively convert all my family to use KODI but I have exactly the same issue that Guillaume. The slideshow is stuck on the selected picture or displays a black screen.

Regards,

Pop_up

I'll have a look. How are you executing the slideshow functionality (steps)?
(2015-11-12, 16:25)ColeCash Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to delete the resume attribute for a media file on google drive?
I went from Read/Write to Read only authorization and some movies just start
somewhere in the middle or right before the end.

0.7.17 now allows you to disable cloud resume points. It is now disabled by default. Setting is under Library

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.17.zip
(2015-12-30, 21:39)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-28, 14:09)pop_up Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-17, 15:43)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]I will look into this.
Hello,

Regards,

Pop_up

I am having the same issue. I'm not sure how they're getting their pictures, but I've created a Google photos link to gdrive and pull them from there. It doesn't matter if I right click the Google photos folder, right click the picture, or slide out menu and choose slideshow, all I get is a black screen. No error. I am able to open a single picture, but I can't go forward or back, not sure if it was designed to though, however when I click play inside the open picture, I get a "slideshow" of just the single picture. Any help would be appreciated. Very cool being able to access my gdrive from kodi though, thanks for the hard work.
(2016-01-05, 11:09)donroja Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-30, 21:39)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-28, 14:09)pop_up Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Regards,

Pop_up

I am having the same issue. I'm not sure how they're getting their pictures, but I've created a Google photos link to gdrive and pull them from there. It doesn't matter if I right click the Google photos folder, right click the picture, or slide out menu and choose slideshow, all I get is a black screen. No error. I am able to open a single picture, but I can't go forward or back, not sure if it was designed to though, however when I click play inside the open picture, I get a "slideshow" of just the single picture. Any help would be appreciated. Very cool being able to access my gdrive from kodi though, thanks for the hard work.

Can you confirm if you are using gdrive or gdrive-testing?

The correct behaviour when clicking on a photo is that it appears (but you cannot navigate back or forth).

Tested yesterday with -testing, if you right-click on a folder and select "slideshow", it caches and then displays the photo collection correctly. If I navigate into the directory and right-click and select slideshow, it doesn't work. Will need to investigate. The "slideshow" that appears in the popup left panel doesn't work (as expected) as it is not "cloud friendly" (it treats the list of photos as local files).