Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All the loose-ends should be in v0.7.32

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.32.zip

v0.7.32 (2016-02-22)
- fix for single-file cache not clearing between plays
- fix: prompt user with cache + original in never transcode mode
- make offline stream files a video extension for universal playback
- fix transcode selection screen disappearing after a fix in 0.7.31
- add option to settings to terminate cache download on playback user-stopped
You're THE HERO!!! I tried lots of combinations in settings, everything seems fine. I'll let you know if I find anything wrong but, for now... great!!! Big Grin

Thank you so much for all the work.
(2016-02-21, 10:36)finalmakerr Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you!
I really like your work Smile

btw will it auto select public too? I simply want it to not show the dialogselect window.

I have downloaded 0.7.17 today but issue remain - It's still show dialog select both for public and quality.

Please don't rush yourself we will wait Smile
(2016-02-22, 17:20)finalmakerr Wrote: [ -> ]

btw will it auto select public too? I simply want it to not show the dialogselect window.

I have downloaded 0.7.17 today but issue remain - It's still show dialog select both for public and quality.

I don't get what you're asking. I'd be glad to help if I could. Smile
(2016-02-22, 16:45)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]You're THE HERO!!! I tried lots of combinations in settings, everything seems fine. I'll let you know if I find anything wrong but, for now... great!!! Big Grin

Thank you so much for all the work.

Far from. I did notice that in the recent change in the last 24 hours that when you play + cache, it didn't bother asking for transcoding selection, but then again, maybe I had never transcode selected. It was a minor thing at minimum. Music cache was failing to playback last week if you clicked on it to replay, but I was going to test it again today and fix if not working.

Still got a lot of exhaustive testing with subtitles and timed text in cache mode before I would consider things working. After all the testing and tweaks are done, then it'll be ready for promoting to non-testing. Then I can start rolling out some of the testing changes I've been thinking up.
Nonetheless a (very) small donation was the least I could do to thank you for all the effort. Cheers!
(2016-02-22, 17:20)finalmakerr Wrote: [ -> ]

Since you are using the non-testing it won't show up in the non-testing build until the build has been tested and signed off. I don't like to push out new builds to the general public to have them auto-update and realize they can't playback anymore. I have a long list of automated and manual test cases that I need to see working before I'm happy (regression testing). I was hoping to them done last week. I did go through each last week at least once, but there was a slew of left-over issues needing work. Working on those this week.

I could generate a special build that you can validate if the fix works. It would be based off 0.7.17 with only the one single fix you requested.

It would be a good time to also let me know if there is a feature you need that is missing.
(2016-02-22, 19:13)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]Nonetheless a (very) small donation was the least I could do to thank you for all the effort. Cheers!

I appreciate it. Donations help to pay for hosting the repository and my Google Apps account that I use to host the scripts and test cases, etc.
What i saw is that caching through the plugin seems slower than using Kodi's cache and "opening it up" through advancedsettings.xml (
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache).

Checking with task manager in Windows we are talking one third the speed with the plugin compared to Kodi's caching (which clearly offers less functionality).
(2016-02-22, 19:14)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]Since you are using the non-testing it won't show up in the non-testing build until the build has been tested and signed off. I don't like to push out new builds to the general public to have them auto-update and realize they can't playback anymore. I have a long list of automated and manual test cases that I need to see working before I'm happy (regression testing). I was hoping to them done last week. I did go through each last week at least once, but there was a slew of left-over issues needing work. Working on those this week.

I could generate a special build that you can validate if the fix works. It would be based off 0.7.17 with only the one single fix you requested.

It would be a good time to also let me know if there is a feature you need that is missing.

Thank you very much! I will be happy to test it out.
One more thing i have a conern of is sending not only the URL but information to the video player:
Code:
liz = xbmcgui.ListItem(name, iconImage="DefaultFolder.png", thumbnailImage=iconimage)
    liz.setInfo( type="Video", infoLabels={ "Title": name, "Plot": desc} )

I have those information in my plugins and would like to pass them along with the URL.
(2016-02-23, 04:41)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]What i saw is that caching through the plugin seems slower than using Kodi's cache and "opening it up" through advancedsettings.xml (

Checking with task manager in Windows we are talking one third the speed with the plugin compared to Kodi's caching (which clearly offers less functionality).
Hmmm... I need to do more tests on this. I'll report back if I can confirm it.
(2016-02-23, 17:26)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-23, 04:41)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]What i saw is that caching through the plugin seems slower than using Kodi's cache and "opening it up" through advancedsettings.xml (

You mean it uses 1/3rd the network bandwidth?

There might be better optimizations with chunk sizing, etc, that I can test. Also, I had to add a sleep that would slow down the caching to allow for KODI to listen for player interrupts. Without the sleep, it seems to miss the player stopping a video interrupt (which I use to stop a download if user sets that up).
(2016-02-23, 09:50)finalmakerr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-22, 19:14)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]Since you are using the non-testing it won't show up in the non-testing build until the build has been tested and signed off. I don't like to push out new builds to the general public to have them auto-update and realize they can't playback anymore. I have a long list of automated and manual test cases that I need to see working before I'm happy (regression testing). I was hoping to them done last week. I did go through each last week at least once, but there was a slew of left-over issues needing work. Working on those this week.

Thank you very much! I will be happy to test it out.
One more thing i have a conern of is sending not only the URL but information to the video player:
Code:
liz = xbmcgui.ListItem(name, iconImage="DefaultFolder.png", thumbnailImage=iconimage)
    liz.setInfo( type="Video", infoLabels={ "Title": name, "Plot": desc} )

I have those information in my plugins and would like to pass them along with the URL.

Will add this functionality.
(2016-02-23, 18:05)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-23, 17:26)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]

There might be better optimizations with chunk sizing, etc, that I can test. Also, I had to add a sleep that would slow down the caching to allow for KODI to listen for player interrupts. Without the sleep, it seems to miss the player stopping a video interrupt (which I use to stop a download if user sets that up).
Yes, upon further testing it seems that bandwidth gets capped somehow. With both DVDPlayer and DSPlayer. If I access gdrive from NetDrive2 (which basically gets you gdrive as a regular drive on your PC), it has unrestricted bandwidth, so I think it's something in the plugin that limits it. What's strange is that I think it wasn't like this until a few versions ago (when we isolated the problem on cache). I had to do use it without cache but then bandwidth was full. Now it seems capped.

See the following two pics:

This one shows DVDPlayer reproducing a movie through NetDrive2:

This one shows DVDPlayer reproducing the same movie through your plugin:

Your plugin starts fast but then hits a plateau of some sort, whereas with NetDrive2 bandwidth is more or less free to go wherever Google allows it to go.

Edit: This is also interesting. While reproducing the above movie through your plugin, I sought ahead. You can see bandwidth use jumping up for a little while and then settling down on the capped situation.

(2016-02-23, 18:27)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-23, 18:05)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-23, 17:26)ashlar Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm... I need to do more tests on this. I'll report back if I can confirm it.

Yes, upon further testing it seems that bandwidth gets capped somehow. With both DVDPlayer and DSPlayer. If I access gdrive from NetDrive2 (which basically gets you gdrive as a regular drive on your PC), it has unrestricted bandwidth, so I think it's something in the plugin that limits it. What's strange is that I think it wasn't like this until a few versions ago (when we isolated the problem on cache). I had to do use it without cache but then bandwidth was full. Now it seems capped.

See the following two pics:

This one shows DVDPlayer reproducing a movie through NetDrive2:

This one shows DVDPlayer reproducing the same movie through your plugin:

Your plugin starts fast but then hits a plateau of some sort, whereas with NetDrive2 bandwidth is more or less free to go wherever Google allows it to go.

Edit: This is also interesting. While reproducing the above movie through your plugin, I sought ahead. You can see bandwidth use jumping up for a little while and then settling down on the capped situation.

Can you confirm the name of the stream file that is downloaded? It almost sounds like it is caching a transcoded stream.