Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-10-05, 20:16)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-05, 14:19)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]can you try again now?

The only difference this evening is that it's much quicker to say "google code not found", followed by two messages about the refresh token, then defaults to a "folder listing" showing
<Testing - manual run of change tracking build STRM>
[SEARCH]
[show all Shared Files & Folders]
[show all Starred Files & Folders]
[show all Videos]

but of course this won't show anything as no account has been linked.

Hope this info helps. Do you need logs or anything else?

You are using the [enroll account], right?
The enroll account option never appears / never appeared, even from a brand new install. Do you want a video of what happens?
(2016-10-05, 20:31)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]The enroll account option never appears / never appeared, even from a brand new install. Do you want a video of what happens?

that would be helpful
PM sent
(2016-10-05, 17:53)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-05, 03:07)horstepipe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-02, 17:53)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]Will test this again and see if it is still working.

So have you been able to find out what's the problem here?

I was able to reproduce the issue. Working on fixing.

Nice,
thank you very much!
(2016-10-05, 20:31)user321 Wrote: [ -> ]The enroll account option never appears / never appeared, even from a brand new install. Do you want a video of what happens?

Judging from your video, looks like an issue created in 0.8.16. I've uploaded a fix in 0.8.17. Auto-update and you should be greeted with the [enroll account] option
where to get v0.8.1x? I'm still on v0.8.05...? I have installed your repo, maybe an old one?
Ops sorry got the testing repo now:
http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...esting.zip
(2016-10-06, 07:00)horstepipe Wrote: [ -> ]where to get v0.8.1x? I'm still on v0.8.05...? I have installed your repo, maybe an old one?

For you issue with setting your own OAUTH2, I realize you are probably not doing this by editing the settings.xml manually. You will need to change the variable gdrive#_type from the default 4 to 3.

In the next release, I'll assume if there is a client_id and client_secret provided, that 3 (your own OAUTH2) is assumed by default. I will also provide the ability for the user to provide a JSON file (provided by Google Drive) to avoid having to enter these manually.

You can enter the values and then go into settings and change the type also to Your Own OAUTH2. You should see the client id, client secret and code appear.

Sorry for the confusion.
(2016-10-06, 20:08)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-06, 07:00)horstepipe Wrote: [ -> ]where to get v0.8.1x? I'm still on v0.8.05...? I have installed your repo, maybe an old one?

For you issue with setting your own OAUTH2, I realize you are probably not doing this by editing the settings.xml manually. You will need to change the variable gdrive#_type from the default 4 to 3.

In the next release, I'll assume if there is a client_id and client_secret provided, that 3 (your own OAUTH2) is assumed by default. I will also provide the ability for the user to provide a JSON file (provided by Google Drive) to avoid having to enter these manually.

You can enter the values and then go into settings and change the type also to Your Own OAUTH2. You should see the client id, client secret and code appear.

Sorry for the confusion.

Perfect, thank you!
Providing a JSON file would be awesome!
got a stupid problem here. The ID of the beta addon is "plugin.video.gdrive-testing", which causes my strm files not to play because they're looking for "plugin.video.gdrive".
Workaround is to change the ID and name in the addon.xml and change the global variable in addon_parameters.py. But then I'm not getting automatic updates for the beta addon anymore, right?
(2016-10-07, 19:55)horstepipe Wrote: [ -> ]got a stupid problem here. The ID of the beta addon is "plugin.video.gdrive-testing", which causes my strm files not to play because they're looking for "plugin.video.gdrive".
Workaround is to change the ID and name in the addon.xml and change the global variable in addon_parameters.py. But then I'm not getting automatic updates for the beta addon anymore, right?

The latest testing should be pushed out to the normal branch in next 10 days. The automatic has more tweaking to do.
Also I'm having a little UI bug. When I play a strm file which is in (Emby) Kodi database (so I just go to Kodi -> Movies and don't enter the gdrive plugin), stop the movie and get back to the movie list, the played movie is shown by the whole file name and not only the movie title as it is supposed to be. After re-entering the movies screen it is shown normal, again.
(2016-10-07, 19:55)horstepipe Wrote: [ -> ]got a stupid problem here. The ID of the beta addon is "plugin.video.gdrive-testing", which causes my strm files not to play because they're looking for "plugin.video.gdrive".

If you really need it, I could whip together a quick function that can go through your STRMs and swap the plugin URL.
(2016-10-07, 20:33)horstepipe Wrote: [ -> ]Also I'm having a little UI bug. When I play a strm file which is in (Emby) Kodi database (so I just go to Kodi -> Movies and don't enter the gdrive plugin), stop the movie and get back to the movie list, the played movie is shown by the whole file name and not only the movie title as it is supposed to be. After re-entering the movies screen it is shown normal, again.

That would be correct. The plugin is reconstructing the package and adjusting the title in addition to adding thumbnail. For some reason, when you play STRM files from within KODI, when it plays back, it doesn't load the thumbnail unless you override it and provide one. I can change it or provide a toggle if you really prefer it unchanged.
(2016-10-07, 20:35)dmdsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]

If you really need it, I could whip together a quick function that can go through your STRMs and swap the plugin URL.

Thanks but I don't need it, will manually look for updates from time to time.