Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Shutdown dialog on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.. I want to upgrade to XBMC Frodo 12.2, since last time i've tryed with the automatic ubuntu (12.04) update and I get a very bad result (frodo was very unstable at that moment). As it was quite difficult to reinstall XBMC 11.0 now I want to be sure 12.2 is working properly before installing it in my computer.

I've downloaded the latest sources, I've run

./configure
(needed to install tinyxml library and another one can't remember the name)

and then run
./make

after that I have tryed the portable mode:
./xbmc.bin -p

XBMC run correctly but as soon it finish the startup, the shutdown dialog is displayed, if I press ESC then the dialog popup again, and again and again...

any Ideas?
Update: seeing the logs I ve found that the 'power' key is beeing pressed and i ve remembered that my box has this problem (continuous sending of powerdown key)... i ve disabled that key in the ubuntu... and xbmc 11 didn't seems to use it.

now I want to disable it, I've added the default keyboard.xml to /portable_data/userdata/keymaps/ and changed the lines:

<global>
<keyboard>
<power>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</power>
<sleep>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</sleep>

to:
<global>
<keyboard>
<power>VolumeUp</power>
<sleep>VolumeUp</sleep>

and now i get it working (with the volume raising up continiously).

if I change it to

<global>
<keyboard>
<power></power>
<sleep></sleep>

again I get the shutdown dialog. So I ve changed it directly in /system/keymaps/keyboard.xml

so I'v got it working
worth a try:
<power>noop</power>