Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Hyphen/Dash (minus) in Music Title - Title gets truncated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I'm a long time XBMC user (on Ubuntu), mostly using it for playing music. Most of my music are flac files.

However, since quite some time I have a problem with my music library. Music titles with a hyphen (or is it a dash? It's "minus" on my keyboard) are truncated.

For example:
The Weezer song "Undone - The Sweater Song" is shown as "Undone". Scrobbling to Last.fm also shows "Undone" instead of the correct "Undone - The Sweater Song". Is there a setting that causes this, is this a feature, or is this a bug? Any hints are gladly appreciated.

Thank you!
Usually I am not a thread pusher, but after quite some time.... Am I really the only one on this planet/forum who has experienced this issue?
I seem to have a fair old number of hyphenated titles, and they all show fine in library view and files view. Which is nice for me, but probably not helpful.

All of my files are in the format <number>. Artist - title, so pretty much *everything* has a hyphendashminusthing. And it's not just the delimeter, titles that have hyphens embedded (e.g. Day-O! by Harry Belafonte and the Muppets) also render fine.

Edit with an afterthought...

All of my files are MP3 and fully tagged. I've just checked my naming template (Settings -> Music -> File Lists) and it matches what I'm using, and "enable tag reading" is set. Could any of these make a difference if you're using FLAC files, especially if you're missing tag information?
Most likely it is incorrect in the embedded tag which gets used.