Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC in Smart Viera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to help me carry xbmc for my tv, smart tv is good and seen that the source code is free since it is opensource my tv is a XT50, and well I wanted to compile and I get error, I am programmer but very new in this in linux, well I hope your prompt response

page the code is on
http://www.am-linux.jp/dl/EUIDTV12
You can't compile XBMC for a Viera smart TV. I don't think the TV even meets the most basic requirements for running XBMC, even if you wanted to port the whole thing.
I have a nice HTPC hooked up to my 6 year old Panasonic Viera 50" plasma. It works great Smile.
i have a raspberrypie with XBMCbuntu, but not the same want in terms one smar tv, when I see puiesto pay tv (coax) I have no tv guide, and if satellite, would have regard to 2 controls, and well I seems somewhat uncomfortable. I want is to help me compile that code on my tv, as I am somewhat new to linux compile it, and incorporate carasteristicas XBMC, XBMC not if you can not, Well I am grateful for your answers
Panasonic VIERA apps, like most smart tv apps, are HTML5/Ajax based. You can't compile XBMC to HTML5, and even if you could, you can't actually install custom apps on your tv, you have to publish them through Panasonic.