Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Addon has been marked as broken in the repository
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using the latest Gotham nightly and get this popup several times a day. All of my addons (50+) are marked as broken, but they work just fine. If I disable them all then I can't use any, if I keep them enabled I get this message and have to click "no" 50 times several times a day. I know I am using pre-release software, but this is maddening. I can't go back to XBMC 12 because I need some of the features of 13. Would uninstalling the addons and reinstalling do anything, or am I just screwed for the time being? Is there any way to turn the messages off in the mean time?
(2013-11-12, 09:20)StinDaWg Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the latest Gotham nightly and get this popup several times a day. All of my addons (50+) are marked as broken, but they work just fine. If I disable them all then I can't use any, if I keep them enabled I get this message and have to click "no" 50 times several times a day. I know I am using pre-release software, but this is maddening. I can't go back to XBMC 12 because I need some of the features of 13. Would uninstalling the addons and reinstalling do anything, or am I just screwed for the time being? Is there any way to turn the messages off in the mean time?

contact the add-on authors.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1527263
(2013-11-12, 09:24)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-12, 09:20)StinDaWg Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the latest Gotham nightly and get this popup several times a day. All of my addons (50+) are marked as broken, but they work just fine. If I disable them all then I can't use any, if I keep them enabled I get this message and have to click "no" 50 times several times a day. I know I am using pre-release software, but this is maddening. I can't go back to XBMC 12 because I need some of the features of 13. Would uninstalling the addons and reinstalling do anything, or am I just screwed for the time being? Is there any way to turn the messages off in the mean time?

contact the add-on authors.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1527263
So there is no way to stop the messages for the time being?
If you keep seeing the message then the addons.db file might be messed up/corrupt. It's an easy fix, though. Go to your userdata folder (wiki), then Database, then delete addons15.db (and/or any other addons.db file you might have. The next time you start XBMC, it will recreate this file and should remember when you press yes or no to disabling the add-ons.
I tried deleting Addons15.db and letting xbmc generate a new file but this did not work for me.

However, I did manage to stop all of the popups by reading http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1527263 and doing the following:

1) copy the userdata/database/addons15.db to my laptop drive and then making a backup of this - just in case!
2) downloaded a sqlite editor (I used http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/ ) to edit the laptop's addons15.db
3) executed a sql command: update dependencies set version = '2.1.0' where addon = 'xbmc.python'
4) executed a second command: delete from broken where id > 0
5) went to File - Save Database
6) copied the edited addons15.db back to userdata/database/
7) reboot

Since doing this I've not had any more popups and all the addons I've tried seem to be working (except of course those that were not working anyway).

I realise this might break something else down the road but for the moment I can live in peace from the popups!
You should urge the creators to update their addons, not overwrite your local cache of their requirements.
(2013-11-12, 13:04)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]If you keep seeing the message then the addons.db file might be messed up/corrupt. It's an easy fix, though. Go to your userdata folder (wiki), then Database, then delete addons15.db (and/or any other addons.db file you might have. The next time you start XBMC, it will recreate this file and should remember when you press yes or no to disabling the add-ons.
That didn't do anything. It still keeps asking me over and over even when I say "no" to disabling them.

Edit: Never mind, it looks like I had a couple of rogue scripts that wouldn't disable. After deleting them from user addon folder it doesn't seem to be bothering me anymore.

Double Edit: It looks like something's changed since alpha 9. On the newest nightly it keeps bothering me with the dependencies not met message where the last monthly build is fine. Going to revert back to that for now.