Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: When to use libraries from the lib/ folder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

after two years absence from XBMC I am back to it.
I am trying to compile it via sources and just wondering when to use libraries deliverd in the lib/ folder?

Thanks for any hints. Smile
you don't need those if you distro has proper and new enough packages for dependencies. Those libs are used for all other platforms, but can be used on linux too.
So there aren't any advantages using them?
I am on Debian Wheezy. Smile
wheezy has many "stone age" packages Smile so some of the libs in our tree might be of use, e.g. taglib
Alright, yes I did use taglib. Is there any command/option to say the configuration script that it should search for everything in the lib/ folder?
Or perhaps a possibility to compile and install all stuff from the lib/ folder?
you can compile them all from tools/depends, but thats probably overkill
If you install them to /usr/local, they'll be picked up by xbmcs configure automatically
Hmm, I would like to try it, because you said, that Debian has a lot of old packages. Smile
Just compile taglib from the lib folder, the rest you don't have to bother with. I've been running XBMC on Debian for years and have never touched anything inside the lib folder (apart from taglib that is).