Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Gotham relative skin size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you tell a skin to use the use the skin dimension and not the window dimensions? I use 720p 1280x720 as my design standard and starting on the Nov 9th. build my skin only looks correct if the window is 1280x720. The font height and field width change but grouplist seem to be fixed

Even as I zoom and shrink it changes and I would like it to be consistant.

Martin
have you tried the latest nightly (nov-12 build)?
a bug was fixed yesterday that might be related to this.
Much, much better but not perfect. This is stock VideoFullScreen.xml which fits starting full screen or windowed but zoomed from a smaller window I still lose characters

Martin
That's always been that way. Nothing knew there. Reason is the fonts resize ever so slightly (we resize the fonts so they scale, but they have to align to pixels). Simply reloading the window at the appropriate size fixes it. Given that feck all people mess around with XBMC in windowed mode, it's not considered a problem.
Thanks for the clarification, at best it's a minor annoyance. I hadn't ever noticed it before myself, but this was new testing after the real problem.was fixed so I wanted to report it.

Martin
Yup - appreciate the report. It's one that you don't often see, but is easy to reproduce (just switch from windowed -> fullscreen view a few times on appropriate screens). The fonts reload but the sizings aren't 100% accurate so every now and then you get a few pixels cut off.