Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to test surround sound 5.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Hi,

I'm trying to find a movie or tv show that is broadcast in 5.1 so I can verify if my setup is well, setup properly. Here's what I got. Windows 7 with a low end Radeon video card that has an HDMI port. The audio portion is set up in Window( or so I think...).

The menu in XMBC has 5.1 for the speakers config and HDMI for the audio out as well as all the proper boxes checked (DTS capable receiver, AC3 capable receiver, etc). When I play a movie or tv show the Onkyo receiver always multichannel and the program I'm watching always says 2.0 on the media properties. My guess is we are all watching streamed content and no one wants to use more bandwith to stream the better audio like DTS or TrueHD or whatever.

So my question is from yall's experience, are most program ended in 2.0 stereo that are available. I mostly watch shows on 1channel, icefilms, and simply movies. Also can anyone recommend me a add-on where I can go to test out HD or surround sound audio. Thanks!
If using Frodo.....Right Click Volume icon in task bar, select Playback Devices, highlight ATI HDMI Output, select Configure.
May not work with Gotham, as it now seems to want exclusive use of sound. (bummer...as now you have to terminate XBMC to get any other audio on PC)

Otherwise seacrh for DTS or Dolby test or Demo tracks
http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php
(2013-11-13, 04:59)vmstek Wrote: [ -> ]If using Frodo.....Right Click Volume icon in task bar, select Playback Devices, highlight ATI HDMI Output, select Configure.
May not work with Gotham, as it now seems to want exclusive use of sound. (bummer...as now you have to terminate XBMC to get any other audio on PC)

Otherwise seacrh for DTS or Dolby test or Demo tracks
http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php

Thanks for the website but I was wondering if there was a plugin or server in XBMC that I could watch that had 5.1 audio videos or music...Whichever.
There's some discussion about adding a test audio button/file. Would make it nice and easy :)