Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Artwork is slow to load
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone.

I have just upgraded from Eden to Frodo after having a few issues on Eden with movies (assertion failed). I had read that Frodo fixed that so I decided to upgrade.

After the upgrade how ever all movies and tv shows take a long time to load images (dvd cases, banners, tv show screenshots). This used to be instantaneous on Eden. I was wondering how to fix this. I have also let Artwork Downloader add-on run and fully download all art for all the shows.

If anyone has some fixes to make my Xbmc start running smoothly again I would be greatly appreciated.
Have you tried to re-add the library media? Yes, I know that can be a lot of work to fix but may be worth it if it fix the problem. Smile
You may find xbmc is rebuilding a new textures.db
gradually moving through your movies/tv shows should rebuild it

you may find that in your userdata folder you have 2 textures.db (each with differing numbers) one was for eden- and the other for frodo

maybe renaming the larger file (should be eden database) to the number of the smaller file (unbuilt frodo database) may work ---- make sure you back up/rename/copy both textures.db to a safe location just in case this doesnt work
then reboot
I havent tried this myself as I have always re added sources from scratch
I also advise you to proceed with caution as if it doesnt work you may have to re add all your sources and rescrape if unsuccessful
Frodo needs to rebuild your textures db, it will get (a lot) faster as you navigate through your library.