Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android TV box XBMC update to current version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an Android TV Box (Google android 4.0) with XBMC frodo 12.0 that I bought from a local pawn shop and I want to update it to the most recent version.

When I turn it on it will say "J1nx Hackable Gadgets" then it will boot to XBMC right off the hop.

I want to exit XBMC uninstall it and install the current version.

My exit options are :
-Power off system
-Custom shutdown timer
-Suspend (screen goes blank)
-Reboot

Help? Thanks!
Sounds like you have a Linux-bases OS installed rather than an Android OS.

From your other post, I assume this is the MX (original)? I think those are the same as the gbox midnight, Sumvision, etc.

Check out http://www.j1nx.nl

J1nx mentions in some previous messages that they're working on new updates for MX/Linux builds. I don't know much about all of that, though.
Thanks a lot man I appreciate it!

I was confused, I didn't know if it was Linux or android because I have two of these boxes. The other one is a duel core that loads up the android os where from there I go to my apps and open XBMC. It also has MX on the box. The other one doesn't.
Hi i have had a new MX Android box this morning. When i connected and booted up it load to a page with 3 options. one was launch and XBMC (not sure of the 3rd) i selected XBMC and then accidently selected always. NOW i am stuck in XBMC and cant get to add my wifi. I can select exit in the bottom left the exit box comes up i select ok, the page goes black but then just goes straight back into XBMC. Do you or any one know how i can get out of it? I am stuck as nothing works because no network connection and this is due to the fact i cannot add my wifi.
This must be an unofficial build, as official Kodi/xbmc doesn't allow itself to be the launcher.

However, you should be able to reach your box settings via Programs-Android apps-Settings