Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adding a concert video to library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I could use a little help. I'm using Gotham and I can access the video in video/files but not the library. I tried movie, tv and now music video scraper, nothing.. Here's the Amazon link to the video http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Maiden-En-Vivo/dp/B006Z21ZEW any tips?? thanks
Here's what works for me...

NFS\nas\
\movies
\concerts
\kidsmovies

HTPC
[mount NFS\nas]

XBMC
Videos | Add
\mnt\nas\movies , \concerts , \kidsmovies (each media type is "movie", not TV or music video)

Movies | Update (scan for new movies, download metadata and posters)

This much alone should show the concert video in Movies.

I then take the steps to create Smart Playlists that create "Kids" and "Concerts" menu items. Then I exclude the files from Kids and Concerts from Movies.

An additional step is that you can create a profile to only show some of these if you wanted to keep it simpler or safer for selected audiences.
(2013-11-14, 21:46)surfinbox Wrote: [ -> ]Here's what works for me...
I then take the steps to create Smart Playlists that create "Kids" and "Concerts" menu items. Then I exclude the files from Kids and Concerts from Movies.
An additional step is that you can create a profile to only show some of these if you wanted to keep it simpler or safer for selected audiences.

Thanks for the tips, just tried the playlist and that worked, but it's the same thing as video/files just now it's video/playlist (I'm using Confluence) It did scrape to the movies folder however, which makes me wonder why a concert video scrapes as a movie and not a music videoHuh
A concert video (1-2 hours) is not a music video (5 min). The more realistic view is how does IMDB or other scraper source classify your concert video. That's the real answer.

Another way, an Iron Maiden concert movie, the Sound of Music, and Spinal Tap are all "movies".