Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Setting defaults for ALL favorite menu views
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having just added a load of TV shows to favorites can someone please explain to a noob how I can have a global setting for all the sub menus
That is big list on first page then thumbnails to show box set covers then medi 3 on the season info page

Thanks in advance, I expect there is a stupidly easy way to do this so be gentle. Help save my thumbs and a lot of time in doing all this manually
Some add-ons allow you to set your own defaults for the individual views. E.g go to the 'add-on settings', or 'configure add-on', then navigate to 'Auto-view'. Click on 'Enable Automatic View'. And then set the relevant value for each of the 'sub-views'.

I use:
Movies View = 503
TV Shows View = 503
Seasons View = 500
Episodes View = 504
Actors/Directors/Cast View = 500
Default View =50

The numerical values differ according to what skin you are using. For Confluence they are:

List = 50
Big List = 51
ThumbnailView = 500
PosterWrapView = 501
PosterWrapView2_Fanart = 508
MediaInfo = 503
MediaInfo2 = 504
WideIconView = 505
MusicVideoInfoListView = 511
AddonInfoListView1 = 550
AddonInfoThumbView1 = 551
LiveTVView1 = 560
Thanks that's very useful
Can't see mediainfo3?
(2013-11-24, 16:16)pacemaker1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks that's very useful
Can't see mediainfo3?

The list I gave was reproduced from a thread in a forum on a different website. I've tried looking at the XML files for the Confluence skin itself, but can only find a subset so far:

Posterwrapview = 501
Posterwrapview2_fanart = 508
Medialistview3 = 503
Medialistview2 = 504
Medialistview4 = 515

Maybe you should try 515 and see if that displays what you want.

That's as far as I've managed to get I'm afraid.Confused
does anybody know if you can do this on fire tv if so i am deffently needing to some help is it possible for someone to make a youtube video on this i have been at this for countless hours search youtube videos and everything and i am having so much trouble trying to figure this out if anybody could help me an make a video or something on this i would truly appreciate it. Thanks
I have litterly spent countless hours looking into this issue all over the web and still nothing that explains how to do it I am trying to edit my view list every time I try and change the view list for like my movie files and add-ons keeps reverting back to list mode instead of icon mode so the research I did so I have to edit myvideonav.xml file but I cant seem to find where to get that file on fire tv and nobody has addressed this issue so I am currently addressing it now to see if I can find a proper resolution to this issue.

Thank you for any support you can provide to me on this situation.
I have latterly spent countless hours looking into this issue all over the web and still nothing that explains how to do it I am trying to edit my view list every time I try and change the view list for like my movie files and add-ons keeps reverting back to list mode instead of icon mode so the research I did so I have to edit myvideonav.xml file but I cant seem to find where to get that file on fire tv and nobody has addressed this issue so I am currently addressing it now to see if I can find a proper resolution to this issue.

Thank you for any support you can provide to me on this situation
I have litterly spent countless hours looking into this issue all over the web and still nothing that explains how to do it I am trying to edit my view list every time I try and change the view list for like my movie files and add-ons keeps reverting back to list mode instead of icon mode so the research I did so I have to edit myvideonav.xml file but I cant seem to find where to get that file on fire tv and nobody has addressed this issue so I am currently addressing it now to see if I can find a proper resolution to this issue.

Thank you for any support you can provide to me on this situation.
Merge this all together...

Please stop cross posting this same question everywhere, especially in threads/forums that have nothing to do with this. You even filled out a request for a wiki account with the same message, even though the wiki says in huge bold font that wiki accounts are not for questions.
I am new to the whole forums thing sorry not sure what I am doing to be honest I just have and issue I hear that these type of places are supposed to help people I meant no disrespect but I can see obviously that you guys don't help people on this site so again my apologies for being misinformed.
Thanx. Anyone know the right list value.