Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [BETA] XBMB3C - Media Browser AddOn for XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
I am getting ready for another official release. We have changed over to JSON - which is a huge change. I would really appreciate if those successfully running 0.6.5 can try 0.7.0 here:
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.XBMC

Change Log:

Code:
0.7.0 - Switched all data from XML to JSON
        - NOTE: If you have added nodes to your main menu, you will need to redo them
      - Removed local image copying - new image proxy service by Null_Pointer!
        - NOTE: You can delete the .png files in addon_data!
      - Added local data cache (null_pointer)
      - Changed 'Play All From Here' to start from current episode
      - Fixed crash in latest episodes when a 'special' is present
      - Fixed DVD playback

xnappo
Hello.

I just want to start by saying thank you for this plugin.

I have a question that I hope has an easy answer. I thought I posted this already somewhere but I am not sure what happened to it, so if you see this posted somewhere else I apologize.

I watched your Youtube video on how to set up the entry points in Aeon Nox and I noticed that when you enter the TV Shows section and you enter the season folder and then scroll through the episode list, the icon to the right is the little TV Screen image with a picture inside of it. This is how I have mine set up when I use MB Classic in WMC and MBT. I have the Coverart plugin on the Media Browser server.

However, when I go into my season folder and scroll through the episode list the icon to the right is the generic icon from XBMC. Is there some setting I need to change to get the TV Icon like in the video? It sort of bugs me to have that generic icon.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Jason
(2014-01-14, 02:44)jasonmcroy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello.

I just want to start by saying thank you for this plugin.

I have a question that I hope has an easy answer. I thought I posted this already somewhere but I am not sure what happened to it, so if you see this posted somewhere else I apologize.

I watched your Youtube video on how to set up the entry points in Aeon Nox and I noticed that when you enter the TV Shows section and you enter the season folder and then scroll through the episode list, the icon to the right is the little TV Screen image with a picture inside of it. This is how I have mine set up when I use MB Classic in WMC and MBT. I have the Coverart plugin on the Media Browser server.

However, when I go into my season folder and scroll through the episode list the icon to the right is the generic icon from XBMC. Is there some setting I need to change to get the TV Icon like in the video? It sort of bugs me to have that generic icon.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Jason

http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index...entry60045

Just putting the reference in case someone else is interested. For some reason my subscription to this thread got removed - adding it back ..

xnappo
Awesome work xnappo! Thank you very much.

Version 0.70 is deff better. I noticed it does not pre-load the images anymore when entering the Movie directory for the first time. It loads and caches the images only when they are required. Which is fine by me!

I have a 2000 titles in my movie library. Entering the Movie library takes aprox 4/5 seconds which is reasonable. However, when stopping or finishing a movie, it takes about 16seconds to return to library. Maybe the loading circle animation can be implemented here because it shows the image-less library right now.

Also one other thing; In Showcase viewmode; I am unable to change the Infopanel setting. It is stuck on "Manual" and i would like it on 1sec delay.

Otherwise great work! Appreciate it!
(2014-01-15, 20:23)Ballistic Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome work xnappo! Thank you very much.

Version 0.70 is deff better. I noticed it does not pre-load the images anymore when entering the Movie directory for the first time. It loads and caches the images only when they are required. Which is fine by me!

Yep - big innovation by null_pointer there to handle a compatibility issue between MB3 images and XBMC.
Quote:I have a 2000 titles in my movie library. Entering the Movie library takes aprox 4/5 seconds which is reasonable. However, when stopping or finishing a movie, it takes about 16seconds to return to library. Maybe the loading circle animation can be implemented here because it shows the image-less library right now.

Something not adding up there unless you have a slow network connection and the 'fast' version is when it is using cached data. After playing a movie, it will reload the data from the server as the 'watched' and progress status has changed. If you manually do a 'mark watched' from the context menu is it also slow?

Also with a collection that size you probably should consider creating boxsets.

If you could take a performance log (option in addon settings, result in addon_data) that might help. Make sure debug is OFF.
[/quote]

Quote:Also one other thing; In Showcase viewmode; I am unable to change the Infopanel setting. It is stuck on "Manual" and i would like it on 1sec delay.

Otherwise great work! Appreciate it!

I am not familiar with what this is. Can you explain more? Is this some skin feature?

Thanks,
xnappo
The data is retrieved from a MB3 server on the internet. However, It is high speed (fiber) very low latency.
I have PM'ed you a video demo showing my current setup. Maybe that will clarify things a bit.

Which options is the performance log? "Enable performance profiling" ?
Yes - 'Enable performance profiling'. .txt files will show up in your addons_data dir.

xnappo
There has been some communication via PM but its better to resume here. What we have been discussing;

- Delay time in returning to library after quitting a video or marking a video as watched.
Seems to be a http error somewhere. I will try and recreate the issue and post more debug logs.
Also, this will always take a few seconds so maybe implement a loading animation here? instead of image-less library window.

-Subtitle add-on broken when using Streaming to play video
To XBMC/Subtitle addon, the playing video is always named "STREAM" and thus subtitles cannot be found. Reported by xnappo as non-fixable as this is the only information the MB3 server is giving. Suggestion is to use SMB. However, I am using the server<->client over the internet so SMB is really not preferred. Workaround-> Manually enter video title (option in subtitles addon)

-Skipping in file does not work with transcoding enabled
This is reported difficult to fix. MB3 commands would have to be intercepted and implemented.
Just a few comments:

(2014-01-17, 10:41)Ballistic Wrote: [ -> ]-Subtitle add-on broken when using Streaming to play video
To XBMC/Subtitle addon, the playing video is always named "STREAM" and thus subtitles cannot be found. Reported by xnappo as non-fixable as this is the only information the MB3 server is giving. Suggestion is to use SMB. However, I am using the server<->client over the internet so SMB is really not preferred. Workaround-> Manually enter video title (option in subtitles addon)
I am wondering if I can actually change the name of the playing file after it has started. It might not change the OSD display, but maybe will help with this identification. Alternatively, a request for a subtitle search API in MB3 might be nice.

Quote:-Skipping in file does not work with transcoding enabled
This is reported difficult to fix. MB3 commands would have to be intercepted and implemented.
This isn't impossible, just somewhat tedious. Would need to see a big interest in transcoding to sway me into looking into it - as I have no personal interest at all Smile

Ballistic has a very large collection - when there is a delay, even 5 seconds, it would be nice to throw up the 'spinner'. I don't know how to do this from Python - though I do know how to throw up a progress box. I prefer just the spinner - if anyone knows how please let me know.

xnappo
0.7.5 has been released and submitted to the official repo (and will hopefully be approved):

- Added simplejson/json switch
- Added simplejson as a requirement
- Changed to use 'Type' instead of 'DisplayMediaType' per Luke
- Added Confluence skin mods (null_pointer)
- Added recentmovie/recenttv list for use by skins (null_pointer)
- Bug fix in service to use data from settings
- Make using Series art for episodes an option

You can retrieve it for manual install here:
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBro...mb3c-0.7.5

Info on null_pointers mods:
Quote:I have edited the default skin (Confluence) to use the new recent movie and tv lists in the main page to test.
To use grab the files from the /skin_diffs/skin.confluence/720p dir and drop them into the confluence skin dir in the 720p folder, keep a backup of your originals first.

I added 2 new recent containers to the IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml, no changes are needed to this file, just copy it.
I added 2 new menu buttons to Home.xml, you will need to update the <action> to point to the addon section you want, the favorites file can be used for this.

This now can replace most default setups of XBMC with a local library to using the MB3 server with no loss of functionality.

xnappo
Hi All,

Good news - we have added a third developer! im85288 has been helping null_pointer and I out a lot with more meta-data, art and skin integration.

Check out our progress:

xnappo
(2014-01-26, 23:38)xnappo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All,

Good news - we have added a third developer! im85288 has been helping null_pointer and I out a lot with more meta-data, art and skin integration.

Check out our progress:

xnappo

Nice vid.

Excellent work on this addon - pretty amazing indeed.

Kudos to all three of you guys!
Hi guys great work.

I have this setup, but i am not seeing any disc art or logos. Is this part of 0.8.0? Not released yet?
Everything else seems to be running perfect.

Thanks
Ryan
Yes - 0.8.0 is in alpha testing. If you have Gotham(full artwork is only supported in Gotham) and want to help test, grab the alpha from here:
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBro...master.zip

Note that you will need to restart XBMC after installing.

Thanks,
xnappo
Great work, ready to see disc art, clearart

Running Gotham already, I'll test the alpha tonight

Very exciting to see this work progress so fast. MySQL, library watchdog, artwork downloader, and the universal scrapers are all great additions, but they lacked both the cohesion and consistency that MB3 server will hopefully provide.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27