Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-06-23, 16:38)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]It does also kill Skin Shortcuts (at least video library links - and for widgets which load the video library (think movie genre widget)) - and, for the record, I knew MadNox people would be the first to spot it Wink

I've actually written what I think will be all the changes needed to Skin Shortcuts but simply haven't had the time to test them yet - and looks like I won't until next week now. So I'll try to push them to git when I get a chance so that hopefully others can test for me...

Edit: Test branch here

Hello Bob,

Tested your test branch with latest Krypton nightly and MadNox (from Mike S's test Krypton branch). Everything works fine with one exception, for which I found a workaround:

1. Menu items based on playlists don't work (for example, Oscars and Top 250). The sub-menus for those menus are fine.

What I did as a workaround is that i changed the main menu item to point to something else, like the Playlists window, let skin.shortcuts rebuild the menu, tried the menu item (it worked), and then changed the menu item back to the playlist it originally pointed to. Then it worked fine and remained working.

Please let me know if you would like any additional information. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
i can confirm the workaround of bsoriano !
select playlist - doesnt work
change action to something "default" - work
select action back to playlist - playlist work !

nice finding bsoriano !!!

EDIT:
after that, when i add some new playlists >>> they work directly - will test again with a fresh and clean setup

EDIT2:
i think i found a problem maybe...
when i check a fresh setup - and add a new playlist - it work directly !
the oscar and top250 mainmenu item DOESNT work !
when i check the "script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml" file inside our 1080i folder i can see that those two playlists still have:

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://skin/extras/Playlists/oscars/bestpicture.xsp,return)</onclick>
<property name="path">ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://skin/extras/Playlists/oscars/bestpicture.xsp,return)</property>

<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://skin/extras/Playlists/video/IMDbTop250.xsp,return)</onclick>
<property name="path">ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://skin/extras/Playlists/video/IMDbTop250.xsp,return)</property>

"VIDEOLIBRARY" instead of "Videos"

should be an easy fix for you SuperGranpda Smile
I can confirm it too - I made a silly mistake in the function that upgrades an action from one version to another which meant that the function always returned before doing anything. Just pushed an update to the test branch, and many thanks for testing.
damn, you where faster again Sad i need to take away your vitamins ...

will test now and report buddy... and we have to thank you for the great work you did here Tongue
Oscars - CHECK
Top 250 - CHECK
new added playlist - CHECK

ADA BOY Smile seems to be fixed - well done buddy
Hi great work guys. I am reading in the last post that this is not normal right? Because i Know about the special:// for background but this i have no clue
D&amp;siteUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fvenom&amp;sFav=showMovies",return)</action>
</shortcut>
<shortcut>
<defaultID />
<label>Séries Populaires</label>
<label2>Video Add-On</label2>
<icon>DefaultShortcut.png</icon>
<thumb>image://%2fhome%2fmichel%2f.kodi%2faddons%2fplugin.video.vstream%2ficon.png/</thumb>
<action>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,"plugin://plugin.video.vstream/?site=themoviedb_org&amp;function=showSeries&amp;title=S%C3%A9ries+Populaires&amp;siteUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.themoviedb.org%2F3%2Ftv%2Fpopular&amp;sFav=showSeries",return)</action>
</shortcut>
<shortcut>
<defaultID />
<label>[COLOR gray]TeleSeries[/COLOR]</label>
<label2>Video Add-On</label2>
<icon>DefaultShortcut.png</icon>
<thumb>image://%2fhome%2fmichel%2f.kodi%2faddons%2fplugin.video.vstream%2ficon.png/</thumb>
Whilst you are using any add-ons that violate the forums piracy policy (wiki), you need to find a forum where they are supported to ask your questions. Please also read banned add-ons (wiki) and Skin Shortcuts FAQ: Banned add-ons policy.
Hi I want to have a default widget show up with my skin(upon loading it) (based on Silvo skin) but I am failing so bad!
I have no idea which one should I use : <widget>, <widgetdefault>, <widgetdefaultnode > ?
Also is putting them in overides.xml enough?

Code:
    <propertydefault labelID="movies" property="widgetStyle">Panel</propertydefault>
    <propertydefault labelID="movies" property="widget">library</propertydefault>
    <propertydefault labelID="movies" property="widgetName">$ADDON[service.library.data.provider 32004]</propertydefault>
    <propertydefault labelID="movies" property="widgetType">movies</propertydefault>
    <propertydefault labelID="movies" property="widgetTarget">video</propertydefault>
    <propertydefault labelID="movies" property="widgetPath">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=randommovies&reload=$INFO[Window.Property(randommovies)]</propertydefault>
    <propertydefault labelID="movies" property="widgetArt">Square Poster</propertydefault>
    <propertydefault labelID="movies" property="widgetCase">Glass</propertydefault>
I've tried to mimic .properties file and this is what I get. Although instead of LabelID-"movies" I've got strange "fylm" and also a fylm.DATA.xml file.
What is going on?!
Skin Shortcuts Docs: Managing widgets.

But, in short, <widget /> elements define additional widgets the user can choose from; <widgetDefault /> elements set a widget set via <widget /> as a default; <widgetDefaultNode /> is used to set any other widget as default.

For example in igConq's overrides.xml, first a weather widget is defined via <widget /> (line 17), then it is set as the default for the menu item with the labelID 'weather' with <widgetdefault /> (line 20), finally all other widgets are set via <widgetdefaultnode /> (line 22 onwards.)

It's also worth noting that defaults are only applied until the menu is edited by the user whilst using your skin - to see the the out of box experience will be like, you should clear the userdata (wiki)/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts folder.

Skin Shortcuts Docs: LabelID and Localisation.

But, in short, the labelID is a non-localised version of the label so, if the labelID is 'fylm' then this represents a non-localised version of the label of that menu item.
Thank you for providing information
Hi, reading help files atm, but quick Q.
Can I let the user enter a string for a background? Rather than a pre-defined option, ie. Option to enter own path/url/$INFO etc via keyboard [or own coded popup list], rather than add lots of options?
No, there's no option for the user to type a string for a background.
Meh, is it easy to add, allow a custom path/string for background?
That depends exactly what you're asking...

If you're asking how easy would it be for any general person, given a reasonable understanding of Python, to add it to the script: The relevant code is here though you'd probably need to load an additional override here to decide if the option will be displayed. The only likely tripping point is making sure that any $INFO[] set as the string doesn't get translated. So, not too difficult.

If you're really asking if I'll add it then I won't consider it until the script has been updated on the repo (this will happen sooner than later). Even then it's not certain that I'll add it - just like any feature it depends on how big an improvement it gives versus added complexity to the script versus my time. It may help convince me to do it if you actually give some use cases for this feature as, to be honest, my instinct is that this will primarily lead to a new way for users to be able to not have working backgrounds.
Ok i'll look at code.
It would save the countless billions of hardcoded options to present a user, if they can just type in the relevant code imho.
Admittedly they would need a little knowledge but could be expert option.

ie. skin.helper has at least 20 different fanart containers ..
Or a way for shortcuts to gather the helper available options, like it gathers the widget lists..

Thanks for reply Big Grin