Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ah, there is the issue. It only works if it the ID is below 32000.
But I have strings with ID 32000 and above.

From where did you get that information that skins just use a limited number range? Did never read it in the wiki and everything works as it should.

removed151214

I'd mis-remembered the range - it's 31000 to 31999 for skins - details here.
Arghs O_O ..... You don't wanna hear how I'm swearing atm. Damn..

Thx, now I know what will take a few cups of coffee tomorrow...

When do you expect to have the requested button implemented? Just asking, no hurry Smile

removed151214

Not for a little while. I'd hoped to start on the next version today - that's been delayed by a family emergency which is going to push that back at least till the weekend. When I do, there are two big features to write first - the improved localisation support and moving to an xml based data store - as I believe in breaking things early to give me the longest time possible to fix them. Then it's the smaller requests like yours. Feel free to open an issue on git, which I'll close when I push the feature - easy way to know when it lands.
Okay thanks Smile will add it on Git. Hope everyone is well in ur family
Unfledged, I don't understand how the advance usage of backgrounds works.

PHP Code:
<background label="[Label]">[backgroundID]</background>
<
backgrounddefault labelID="[LabelID]" group="[GroupName]">[backgroundID]</backgrounddefault
I understand what <background> does, but I don't get the <backgrounddefault> thing. If I choose "default" in the management dialog, the background property value will be removed of the item.

edit:
Also noted that localization won't work for widgets (<widget label="::LOCAL::31862">)

removed151214

"Default" within the background selection dialog could be better named - it is designed to be used to select your skins default background - no custom background.

The <defaultbackground /> is used to say which <background /> should be associated with a menu item by default - e.g. The first time the menu is esited/built for the skin (after that, it's whatever the user has selexted of course.)

So if you had

Code:
<background label="Movie default">movieBackground</background>

that you want to set as the default for a main menu item with the labelID "movies"...

Code:
<backgrounddefault labelID="movies" group="mainmenu">movieBackground</background>

(I have half-a-feeling the group property isn't needed if it's a main menu item - check the docs, I'll have wriiten in there if it's not) I'm very happy to consider switching the Default option to return to the <backgrounddefault /> option, with the addition of a None option. Though maybe better to highlight which background is the default in the list. I'll think about it!

I'll look into the widget labels ASAP, but do try without the ::LOCAL:: it isn't entirely consistent yet when that will and won't work Blush
Thanks for the explanation.
Swtichting the Default option to <backgroundefault> would be awesome.

And:
The localization works without ::LOCAL:: Smile
Hey mate.

PHP Code:
<settingslabel type="main">Choose what to display on the main menu</settingslabel>
<
settingslabel type="submenu">Pick submenu items for ::MENUNAME::</settingslabel>
<
settingslabel type="reset">Reset all shortcuts back to default</settingslabel

Doesn't work for me. It won't override "500 Label 32071 / 32072 Window Title"

removed151214

Those are for overriding controls in (most likely) skinsettings.xml. Whilst it's prooved far more user-friendly to provide a single link to edit the main menu, and then a control in the script-skinshortcuts.xml file to edit each submenu, it's possible to let the script fill a list in skinsettings.xml with controls to begin editing the main menu, each submenu and to reset all shortcuts with

Code:
<content>plugin://script.skinshortcuts?type=settings&amp;property=$INFO[Window(10000).Property("skinshortcuts")]</content>

The <settingslabel /> properties override the labels of those controls, not controls within the management dialog. As I say, though, better these days to use a link to the mainmenu managment dialog, button 405 (and the others when I get them added) in the management dialog, possibly a reset all button and if necessary provide your own title control for the window rather than provide label 500 (though I'll look again at overriding that.)

And, y'know, the skinsettings.xml list was something i was really pleased with at the time I wrote it - it's what I came up with what became the reload property used in library data provider for, to update a script-filled list automatically when the underlying data had changed. What a waste Wink
Sorry if this has been asked or is covered in the readme files but I can't find anything specific to what I want.

I'm building a main menu (9000) and sub menus using the following -

Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mainmenuID=9000&amp;levels=0)

but would also like to build a separate menu that I can use solely for widgets that aren't based on conditions for the main or sub menus instead they're based on this menu.

I used this to manage it -

Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=manage&amp;group=widgets)

and then run this to build it -

Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mainmenuID=9000&amp;levels=0&amp;group=widgets)

but only the widgets include gets built.

Help appreciated.

removed151214

(2014-07-13, 21:48)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this has been asked or is covered in the readme files but I can't find anything specific to what I want.

I'm building a main menu (9000) and sub menus using the following -

Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mainmenuID=9000&amp;levels=0)

but would also like to build a separate menu that I can use solely for widgets that aren't based on conditions for the main or sub menus instead they're based on this menu.

I used this to manage it -

Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=manage&amp;group=widgets)

and then run this to build it -

Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mainmenuID=9000&amp;levels=0&amp;group=widgets)

but only the widgets include gets built.

Help appreciated.

Code:
RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&amp;mainmenuID=9000&amp;levels=0&amp;group=mainmenu|widgets)

mainmenu needs to be the first group for this to also trigger building its submenus. I remember writing this not too long ago, but not sure if it was before the last repo push or not, so may require git version.
Legend, many thanks.
Hey mate,

I'm providing an icon override for the YouTube plugin and it's correctly set to menu item, but it the overrride will be ignored because the plugin thumbnail will be written as a <thumb> value to the item.

PHP Code:
<item id="17">
            <
onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube",return)</onclick>
            <
label>YouTube</label>
            <
label2>Video Add-On</label2>
            <
icon>backgrounds/bg/yt.jpg</icon>
            <
thumb>image://C%3a%5cUsers%5csebastian%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.youtube%5cicon.png/</thumb>

<property name="labelID">youtube</property>
            <
property name="group">mainmenu</property>
            <
property name="submenuVisibility">youtube</property>
            <
visible>StringCompare(System.ProfileName,Master user)</visible>
        </
item

removed151214

(2014-07-14, 14:20)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]Hey mate,

I'm providing an icon override for the YouTube plugin and it's correctly set to menu item, but it the overrride will be ignored because the plugin thumbnail will be written as a <thumb> value to the item.

PHP Code:
<item id="17">
            <
onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube",return)</onclick>
            <
label>YouTube</label>
            <
label2>Video Add-On</label2>
            <
icon>backgrounds/bg/yt.jpg</icon>
            <
thumb>image://C%3a%5cUsers%5csebastian%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.youtube%5cicon.png/</thumb>

<property name="labelID">youtube</property>
            <
property name="group">mainmenu</property>
            <
property name="submenuVisibility">youtube</property>
            <
visible>StringCompare(System.ProfileName,Master user)</visible>
        </
item

Yeah, the icon images - which are the images that can be overriden, are the default or fallback images. Wherever a specific image is specified, it's set as the thumbnail image which can't be overridden.

I can't see any problem, though, with setting an addons image as the icon image, though. Assuming @Jeroen (because I know you override the images quite extensively) doing so wouldn't break anything for you...?