Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I prefer the unsorted items instead of more delays on getting the list.

Unfledged, the label for the skinThumbnail is not cleared.
PHP Code:
$INFO[Skin.String(CustomItem.1.Thumb)] 

I mean i use the above as <label2> in the button control to display the name of the thumbnail. That label is not cleard by the <None> option.

Cheers
Nessus
Don't know if that's typo but you've not closed the brackets.
It's a typo, sorry.

removed151214

My bad, I copy-and-pasted the code, and forgot to remove the conditions from the icon and thumb. Should be fixed now on git.
Fixed, thanks.

Cheers
Nessus
Hi Unfledged,

I just discovered some very small issues while I'm working with the latest git version of the script:

- the skin provided playlists aren't returned anymore in the choose shortcut dialog, it was like that in current stable version.

- if you add a new shortcut and than directly want to add the submenu for it, that doesnt work, the button just does nothing.
--> if you close the management dialog and than reopen it again you are able to set the submenu

- A few weeks ago you created support for the skinlabels and window properties as shortcut labels and I remember you saying to also include that for any items you came across like the images. It's no big deal but the images aren't loaded yet.

Like discussed in the titan thread: the multiple submenu issue is fixed in the latest git, really nice :-)

Besides the above mentioned issues I have a couple of feature requests, no hurry for it, just your thoughts about it:

- If you add a new shortcut, the overrides are ignored for widget and background, would be nice if the overrides are directly applied.

- would it be possible to have the icon selection setup just like how widgets and backgrounds are managed ?
So, lets say a "choose icon" dialog with a few (skin provided) options and possibility to provide custom icon.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Regards,

Marcel

removed151214

(2014-11-12, 17:41)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Unfledged,

I just discovered some very small issues while I'm working with the latest git version of the script:

- the skin provided playlists aren't returned anymore in the choose shortcut dialog, it was like that in current stable version.

Debug log please Smile (the scripts own debug logging option will need to be enabled through its settings - it's under Helper Add-ons in the addon browser) The entire playlist-listing code has been completely re-written (and improved tremendously) by phate89, so it's possible this is part of the shake-down of that code.

Edit: Now fixed on git.

(2014-11-12, 17:41)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]- if you add a new shortcut and than directly want to add the submenu for it, that doesnt work, the button just does nothing.
--> if you close the management dialog and than reopen it again you are able to set the submenu

Good spot. I can see the issue, but I need to spend a little time working through the code before I can fix it and it'll be a couple of hours before I'm in front of a computer.

(2014-11-12, 17:41)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]- A few weeks ago you created support for the skinlabels and window properties as shortcut labels and I remember you saying to also include that for any items you came across like the images. It's no big deal but the images aren't loaded yet.

That's still on my radar. My focus has been on a new script recently, but I'll get this sorted before the scripts next updated on the repo (which after the issues you found with additional submenus, will be fairly soon)

(2014-11-12, 17:41)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]Like discussed in the titan thread: the multiple submenu issue is fixed in the latest git, really nice :-)

Besides the above mentioned issues I have a couple of feature requests, no hurry for it, just your thoughts about it:

- If you add a new shortcut, the overrides are ignored for widget and background, would be nice if the overrides are directly applied.

I'll look into this. I have a vague memory that there was a reason that I didn't do that to begin with...

(2014-11-12, 17:41)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]- would it be possible to have the icon selection setup just like how widgets and backgrounds are managed ?
So, lets say a "choose icon" dialog with a few (skin provided) options and possibility to provide custom icon.

That should be do-able (actually there's a half-completed feature in there already that allows you to display a list of any items you want. I'll get round to finishing that off, and add the option of a browse button).

Edit: Added on git - management dialog button 311, <thumbnail label="display name">image.png</thumbnail> in the overrides.xml.
(2014-11-12, 17:59)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]Debug log please Smile (the scripts own debug logging option will need to be enabled through its settings - it's under Helper Add-ons in the addon browser) The entire playlist-listing code has been completely re-written (and improved tremendously) by phate89, so it's possible this is part of the shake-down of that code.
The script is hidden in Gotham I guess as I can't find the helper addons...
As for this "issue"... Maybe ask other skinners what they think about this ?
In my case I have some playlists in my skin just for the widgets to show some data, I can imagine that other skinners use it like this too.
Maybe it's a good thing that those playlists don't show up in the playlist-selection ?
In other words, maybe it's now hidden "by design" ?

My personal opinion is that I don't care about those lists as long as all the user own playlists are there.
In fact I had a user on the forum (using the stable version of the script) confused about the skinprovided playlists...

If it SHOULD be there (in general opinion) than it's a bug, if it's intentionally hided it's by design :-)

(2014-11-12, 17:59)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]Good spot. I can see the issue, but I need to spend a little time working through the code before I can fix it and it'll be a couple of hours before I'm in front of a computer.

Great! Thanks

(2014-11-12, 17:59)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]That's still on my radar. My focus has been on a new script recently, but I'll get this sorted before the scripts next updated on the repo (which after the issues you found with additional submenus, will be fairly soon)
Don't worry, it's no big deal in my opinion. Category "nice to have" rather than "must have" :-)

Thanks for you quick help again. In the meanwhile i completed that custom widgets thing and want to let some users beta test it.
Do you mind if I temporary put the current git version of the script on the repo I use for betas of my skin ?

removed151214

(2014-11-12, 21:30)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-11-12, 17:59)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]Debug log please Smile (the scripts own debug logging option will need to be enabled through its settings - it's under Helper Add-ons in the addon browser) The entire playlist-listing code has been completely re-written (and improved tremendously) by phate89, so it's possible this is part of the shake-down of that code.
The script is hidden in Gotham I guess as I can't find the helper addons...
As for this "issue"... Maybe ask other skinners what they think about this ?
In my case I have some playlists in my skin just for the widgets to show some data, I can imagine that other skinners use it like this too.
Maybe it's a good thing that those playlists don't show up in the playlist-selection ?
In other words, maybe it's now hidden "by design" ?

My personal opinion is that I don't care about those lists as long as all the user own playlists are there.
In fact I had a user on the forum (using the stable version of the script) confused about the skinprovided playlists...

If it SHOULD be there (in general opinion) than it's a bug, if it's intentionally hided it's by design :-)

(2014-11-12, 17:59)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]Good spot. I can see the issue, but I need to spend a little time working through the code before I can fix it and it'll be a couple of hours before I'm in front of a computer.

Great! Thanks

(2014-11-12, 17:59)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]That's still on my radar. My focus has been on a new script recently, but I'll get this sorted before the scripts next updated on the repo (which after the issues you found with additional submenus, will be fairly soon)
Don't worry, it's no big deal in my opinion. Category "nice to have" rather than "must have" :-)

Thanks for you quick help again. In the meanwhile i completed that custom widgets thing and want to let some users beta test it.
Do you mind if I temporary put the current git version of the script on the repo I use for betas of my skin ?

It's definitely a bug, and not by design Wink The script scans two folders in the skin to find playlists - /extras and /playlists - it may be a good idea to limit this, so skinners can choose whether they want skin-provided playlists to show (they often do - as many skins use playlists as their default menu items Wink)

As for the debug log, I didn't realise you were on Gotham - no need to enable the scripts own debugging there for exactly the reason you say, you can't get to the scripts settings to enable it Smile. I've actually managed to re-create the bug, so will fix it soonish.

No problem if you want to include a version on another repo - just beware that git can change often, when I'm in bug hunting/feature adding mode!
(2014-11-12, 21:34)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]It's definitely a bug, and not by design Wink The script scans two folders in the skin to find playlists - /extras and /playlists - it may be a good idea to limit this, so skinners can choose whether they want skin-provided playlists to show (they often do - as many skins use playlists as their default menu items Wink)

As for the debug log, I didn't realise you were on Gotham - no need to enable the scripts own debugging there for exactly the reason you say, you can't get to the scripts settings to enable it Smile. I've actually managed to re-create the bug, so will fix it soonish.

No problem if you want to include a version on another repo - just beware that git can change often, when I'm in bug hunting/feature adding mode!

OK, nice one.

Yes, I know about the git version. In this case I'd like to have some users to test the whole custom widgets thing we talked about for which you fixed the submenu levels.
Hi Unfledged,

The second submenu level isn't always generated. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just won't.
This is what I get in the log:

11:32:24 T:8592 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
11:32:24 T:8592 ERROR: File "C:\Users\mvand_000\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\xmlfunctions.py", line 197, in shouldwerun
11:32:24 T:8592 ERROR: hashes = eval( xbmcvfs.File( os.path.join( __masterpath__ , xbmc.getSkinDir() + ".hash" ) ).read() )
11:32:24 T:8592 ERROR: File "<string>", line 0
11:32:24 T:8592 ERROR: ^
11:32:24 T:8592 ERROR: SyntaxError: unexpected EOF while parsing

Any ideas ?

removed151214

That's an 'expected' error (in certain circumstances at least) and should be handled by the script, so please post a link to a full debug log Smile
Ah okay, that explains it. Thought it was related.
Nevermind, I'm an idiot, forgot that in skinsettings the menu is also generated onunload and in there I forgot to add the second menulevel.

So, problem solved :-)
With latest git release, error msg "There are no shortcuts available for the category you choose" when trying to create a menu item for smart playlist for Movies and Music. Running Helix Beta 3.

removed151214

Any chance of a debug log (wiki), please?

(On Helix, the scripts own debug logging needs to be enabled through its settings in addition to Kodi's - it's under Helper Add-Ons in the addon browser, normally accessed from System or Settings, dependant on the skin)