Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-11-03, 18:37)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, no way to do that and it wouldn't make sense to do so - the Skin.String could change after the menu (and the template) was built, but the template wouldn't reflect it until it was rebuilt.

Cheers Bob. Makes sense to me.

I am getting stuck in a corner with what am trying to do. I looked at using a property pattern but it doesn't seem like I can assign a condition.

Code:
<propertypattern group="mainmenu" property="exampleProperty" condition="!IsEmpty(somevalue)">test</propertypattern>

I need to find a way to set a custom property based on a condition with no user interaction. Any thoughts on how I could achieve this?
Hi Guys Smile

I'd like to update to Isengard and begin with a completely fresh Image, but i'd like to keep the custom navigation of skinshortcuts / Arctic Zephyr.
Which files do i have to backup to properly migrate the navigation to a fresh Isengard?

Kodi 15.2 (Openelec 6) is running on a RPi2

Thank you and keep up the great work Smile

edit: i just realized that i posted in "skinning" section ... sry, but probably somebody wants to help anyway
(2015-11-04, 02:03)Mr. V Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting stuck in a corner with what am trying to do. I looked at using a property pattern but it doesn't seem like I can assign a condition.

Code:
<propertypattern group="mainmenu" property="exampleProperty" condition="!IsEmpty(somevalue)">test</propertypattern>

I need to find a way to set a custom property based on a condition with no user interaction. Any thoughts on how I could achieve this?

Without knowing quite what you're wanting to do (and without the time to think through the problem even if I did know) I'm going to fall back on my oft-given suggestion of using IsEmpty to define whether a custom property is at its default value. You've probably already dismissed this idea, though.

As regards property patterns, I've no idea how they work. bambi73, I suspect, is the only one who does.

(2015-11-04, 11:59)nokodemus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys Smile

I'd like to update to Isengard and begin with a completely fresh Image, but i'd like to keep the custom navigation of skinshortcuts / Arctic Zephyr.
Which files do i have to backup to properly migrate the navigation to a fresh Isengard?

Kodi 15.2 (Openelec 6) is running on a RPi2

Thank you and keep up the great work Smile

edit: i just realized that i posted in "skinning" section ... sry, but probably somebody wants to help anyway

It's not super-easy unless a skin provides a backup option via the skin helper service add-on, but the menu items themselves (minus any playlists they link to, any images they use, and so on) are kept in userdata (wiki)/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts
(2015-11-04, 19:05)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]It's not super-easy unless a skin provides a backup option via the skin helper service add-on, but the menu items themselves (minus any playlists they link to, any images they use, and so on) are kept in userdata (wiki)/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts

Thank you for the advice, it worked fine Smile

After looking into the wiki a bit, i copy and pasted skinshortcuts folder in /addons and /addon_data and also migrated the guisettings.xml located in /userdata
Before copying the data, i updatet to latest arctic zeyphr / skinshortcuts to be sure to migrate data of identical status.

Navigation is exactly the same and works absolutely fine.

Thank you and have a nice evening Smile
Looks like a new bug was introduced with the latest Skin Shortcuts which is causing menu build failure on some skins. However, I'm on holiday right now and have no means to start editing code/submitting PR's. Anyone in a position to fix it?

The bug is line 299 in datafunctions.xml:-

Code:
# Get visibility condition of any skin-provided shortcuts
for elem in skinoverrides.findall( "shortcut" ):

There needs to be a check that skinoverrides isn't None, so it should be:-

Code:
# Get visibility condition of any skin-provided shortcuts
if skinoverrides is not None:
    for elem in skinoverrides.findall( "shortcut" ):

(With obviously the next few lines indented as expected)

Cheers.
(2015-11-06, 13:38)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a new bug was introduced with the latest Skin Shortcuts which is causing menu build failure on some skins. However, I'm on holiday right now and have no means to start editing code/submitting PR's. Anyone in a position to fix it?
Will do right away. Enjoy your holiday!
EDIT: and done
(2015-11-06, 13:46)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-06, 13:38)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a new bug was introduced with the latest Skin Shortcuts which is causing menu build failure on some skins. However, I'm on holiday right now and have no means to start editing code/submitting PR's. Anyone in a position to fix it?
Will do right away. Enjoy your holiday!
EDIT: and done

Hey how do I update it? or fix the problem? Thanks!
(2015-11-06, 15:49)Jkilla Wrote: [ -> ]Hey how do I update it? or fix the problem? Thanks!

Are you having issues atm ?
If so, you can grab the latest version of the script from Github and install it manually.

https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts
(2015-11-06, 16:06)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-06, 15:49)Jkilla Wrote: [ -> ]Hey how do I update it? or fix the problem? Thanks!

Are you having issues atm ?
If so, you can grab the latest version of the script from Github and install it manually.

https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts

Thanks so much that seems to fix it! I have many boxes that I've set up for family and friends. Any idea why the update isn't being pushed?
(2015-11-06, 16:29)Jkilla Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much that seems to fix it! I have many boxes that I've set up for family and friends. Any idea why the update isn't being pushed?

I will request the Kodi team to update the script asap on the Kodi repo.
(2015-11-06, 16:30)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-06, 16:29)Jkilla Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much that seems to fix it! I have many boxes that I've set up for family and friends. Any idea why the update isn't being pushed?

Thanks so much for being so responsive! Really appreciate it!
(2015-11-06, 16:30)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for your help. Fyi, the fix doesn't work for everyone including myself. Are you able to look at it again please? Thanks again!
(2015-11-07, 00:56)blingless Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your help. Fyi, the fix doesn't work for everyone including myself. Are you able to look at it again please? Thanks again!

Can you provide me the error in your Kodi log please ?
I downloaded, transferrred, and manually installed the file by using "install from zip file" , and i was still getting the same error. I had to
1. Switch to the Confluence skin
2. Disable Aeon Nox
3. Uninstall 'Skin shortcuts"
4. Manually install from the zip file i downloaded from https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts
5. Restart
6. Enabled Aeon Nox, and then selected it. And when i went back to the Aeon Nox main menu , it was able to build to 100%, and i am no longer getting the message
Im having the same issues with the SKIN SHORTCTS, I tried the fix on GitHub and its not working. Here is my LOGFILE
http://xbmclogs.com/preh1x8sg

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!