Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Bob,

I followed your instructions, here is my debug log: kodi debug log

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart
If I can quote the log you provided:-

Code:
19:47:20 T:1528   DEBUG: script.skinshortcuts: Failed to load playlists
19:47:20 T:1528   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
19:47:20 T:1528   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\library.py", line 1106, in playlists
19:47:20 T:1528   ERROR:     xmldata = xmltree.fromstring(contents_data.encode('utf-8'))
19:47:20 T:1528   ERROR:   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1300, in XML
19:47:20 T:1528   ERROR:     parser.feed(text)
19:47:20 T:1528   ERROR:   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1642, in feed
19:47:20 T:1528   ERROR:     self._raiseerror(v)
19:47:20 T:1528   ERROR:   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1506, in _raiseerror
19:47:20 T:1528   ERROR:     raise err
19:47:20 T:1528   ERROR: ParseError: mismatched tag: line 263, column 3

That's basically saying that one of your playlists isn't valid XML - mismatched tag generally means that there's an opening tag - <tag> - without a closing one </tag>, or the other way around.

Try running your playlist files through an xml validator - I personally like this one - to find which one has the error and correct it Smile Unfortunately, as it relies on a 3rd party xml parser, Skin Shortcuts can't handle any playlist which isn't valid XML.
Thank you so much Bob! I found the issue with one of my playlists that i was not even aware had a problem.

Regards,

Bart
(2015-11-07, 23:41)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]@tomer953 - did you push Skin Shortcut 0.6.5 to the kodisreal.co.il repository (I believe that's where your skin is held - and if I'm wrong, I apologise!) If so, can you please update to 0.6.6 - the latest git version - ASAP. Cheers Smile

Edit-: Ignore this. I've contacted the kodisreal repo people via git and they have updated the skin shortcuts version, so hopefully that's this issue finally behind us Smile

Actually it's not my repository, but I can contact the admins. (as I see you already did).
What i've missed? what happened ? should I push that update ASAP to my skin users as well ?
(2015-11-08, 10:03)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]Actually it's not my repository, but I can contact the admins. (as I see you already did).
What i've missed? what happened ? should I push that update ASAP to my skin users as well ?

No need, we pushed out an update on the official Kodi repo to fix it. It was some other repo that hosted the faulty version of skinshortcuts
hello,

well just to say that some of us are experiencing problems using path rules (nfs/smb) on smart playlists on kodi isengard 15.2

Mikesilvo said that i should post here so, here i am Smile

Same problems when using playlist as widget.

Hope it can be fixed.

Thanks.
(2015-11-13, 16:11)wilmans2m Wrote: [ -> ]well just to say that some of us are experiencing problems using path rules (nfs/smb) on smart playlists on kodi isengard 15.2

What is the issue ? Did you setup path substitution for smart playlists and they don't show up in skinshortcuts ?
Please provide a little more details so we can assist
well to be clear here is an example for an xsp

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>RepWGL</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="genre" operator="is">
<value>Documentaires</value>
</rule>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
<value>smb://DISKSTATION1/Docs</value>
</rule>
<limit>6</limit>
<order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</smartplaylist>

With path rules, does not work. If i delete path rule, it works. If i delete genre rule, does not work. Try operation with "is" or "contains' but same things.

It works before and from a day to another, does not work anymore. Thought at first that comes from skin but mikesilvo said that comes from this script.
Hope it helps.

Thanks.
Whether a playlist 'works' is nothing to do with this script Confused Skin Shortcuts just creates menu items - in the case of a playlist, whether that playlist actually displays anything or not is out of the scripts hands.

On the other hand, if the link to the playlist is wrong, then that's something Skin Shortcuts would be responsible for. (Which is to say, if it works when going to Videos > Playlists > [My Playlist], but not when going to it directly from a main menu/submenu item, then its likely Skin Shortcuts hasn't created the right link to it.)
Well it works if i go to video/sources. But not if i go there using playlist.
What do you mean by "not if I go there using playlist"? Don't be afraid to go into what feels like too much detail - we don't all share the same language, and that extra detail can be the difference between us understanding or not exactly what the problem is and where it might be.

If by that you mean it's not working when going to it from a shortcut from your main menu/a submenu (which is all Skin Shortcuts is responsible for - telling Kodi which playlist to load), re-add the link to the playlist from the menu customiser and, if it still doesn't work, post a link to a full debug log (wiki) showing you clicking the shortcut on the main menu. Also, please mention any changes you made between the time it worked and stopped working.
hello.
here is my kodi log : http://pastebin.com/HVkwCDeG

But seems to be library provider related, not skinshortcuts.

Thanks.
Anyone have a view on the user-selected thumbnail image being moved from the .DATA.xml file to the skins .properties file?

The change would mean that the thumbnail the user selected wouldn't carry over between skins. The thinking being that different skins have such different visual styles, that moving from one skin to another (which display the user thumb) when the thumb carries over as at-present means that the thumb selected may not fit the visual style. Would mostly be there for users who switch skins regularly (and is an indirect response to a couple of user comments I've read over the last couple of months.)

The downside being that, if the user DOES want the same thumb over multiple skins, they would have to reset it skin-by-skin.
Bob, I mentioned it to you before, as I see it as disadvantage. In my opinion, the "roaming" option is very annoying.
As A skinner - I always move from one skin to another to test things - and It make me a lot of work to reset\redefine the menus all the time.
As a user - once you chose your skin - you will stay with him for a long period, and when you want to change one, you can always rebuild your menus again.
However, I think that Marcel's helper can be helpful in this decision, because user can make backup of their shortcuts, and restore them in the new script. Marcel just need to customize it a little build, something like "Kodi Export library" wizard.. that asks you if you want to export X, and you enter "yes\no".. so exporting the thumbnails or not will be user decision.
Thanks for the feedback, tomer. I was partially thinking of our previous discussion when I wrote the relevant code - I'm not going to change the code so the entire menu's aren't changes, but I can change properties that it doesn't make to be shared Wink