Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-01-17, 14:08)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]The original intention was for your icons to be the default ones. If you went down that route now, you'd be one of the few skins that did so I wouldn't worry too much about it Wink

Sounds logical to me, that's why I have no icon overrides ? Thought it would use them as fallback ...

Quote:All your <thumbnail /> elements are perfectly valid, by the way - they're what appear when the user selects 'Change Icon'.

Right ! I'm still confused with 'Change Icon' targeting à thumbnail Big Grin
I've working on a Icon Based Homemenu, so i set the default Icons via override.xml (guess thats the way to do it).

there is a Menu Item "globalsearch"/Search and I struggle to finde the related LabelID ("<icon labelID="??">" -> overrides.xml)
How can i finde the related Label ID?

I finde also some Issues (Or just missing Features?)

1. I would like to set the Content of a Genre from the "Radio.de"-Addon as a Widget but the script wont acept it.

2. Did try to set a Musicplaylist (m3u) as a Menu Item. -> if i browse to Playlist the script doenst list them (Musiclibrary -> Playlists)
-> Did also Try to work around tis issue/missing feature, by adding the m3u (Music) as a Favorit which did kinda work. -> The Menu Item opens the Playlist but the label of every Iten is "0". So i've got a list wit all Items, but every items label is "0", so i've got a List of many "0"'s.

Ive also noticed if i change from a other Skin which uses the shortcutsscript back to the one im currently working on, some Icons disapeare. Is this usual? is there may a way to prevent this?

Regards
(2016-01-19, 23:46)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: [ -> ]there is a Menu Item "globalsearch"/Search and I struggle to finde the related LabelID ("<icon labelID="??">" -> overrides.xml)
How can i finde the related Label ID?

Take a look in your skins script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file - every main menu item will have a <property name="labelID"> which contains the labelID value.

(2016-01-19, 23:46)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: [ -> ]1. I would like to set the Content of a Genre from the "Radio.de"-Addon as a Widget but the script wont acept it.

Setting via 312? Setting as a default? Any error message in the log (with skin shortcuts own debug logging enabled from its setting)?

(2016-01-19, 23:46)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: [ -> ]2. Did try to set a Musicplaylist (m3u) as a Menu Item. -> if i browse to Playlist the script doenst list them (Musiclibrary -> Playlists)
-> Did also Try to work around tis issue/missing feature, by adding the m3u (Music) as a Favorit which did kinda work. -> The Menu Item opens the Playlist but the label of every Iten is "0". So i've got a list wit all Items, but every items label is "0", so i've got a List of many "0"'s.

If they're not showing up under Musiclibrary > Playlists then the script wasn't able to process them. Check the log, as Skin Shortcuts will (again, when its own debug logging option is enabled) list any problems it had loading playlists. Due to the library it uses to process them, Skin Shortcuts is a lot less forgiving with any errors in playlist files than Kodi...

Skin Shortcuts has nothing to do with what gets displayed once any given menu item is open. In the case of a shortcut from favourites, its just creating a menu item which launches the action that the favourite has.

(2016-01-19, 23:46)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ive also noticed if i change from a other Skin which uses the shortcutsscript back to the one im currently working on, some Icons disapeare. Is this usual? is there may a way to prevent this?

Have a look back over the recent conversation with Jayz2K for a bit of insight into the problems with icons. The UX branch I'm currently working on changes it so that icons are no longer shared between skins, so will (hopefully) prevent these issues in the future.
(2016-01-19, 23:57)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Take a look in your skins script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file - every main menu item will have a <property name="labelID"> which contains the labelID value.
Thanks, will have a look.

(2016-01-19, 23:57)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Setting via 312? Setting as a default?
Jer, via 312 (scriptshortcuts.xml) not as default.

(2016-01-19, 23:57)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Skin Shortcuts has nothing to do with what gets displayed once any given menu item is open. In the case of a shortcut from favourites, its just creating a menu item which launches the action that the favourite has.

Jer, ur right, looks like its a Skin issue, (didnt noticed this before). Have to dig in to the Code.

(Will have a look in to the log as soon as i finde time..)
Reproduced the Radio.de/widget issue - pull request, and thanks for the bug report Smile
courteous, tnks
@Mr. V - can you please test this branch for initial support of variables in templates.

It adds a new section to the 'Other' templates for your variables, within which you can use any $SKINSHORTCUTS properties you like:-

Code:
    <other>
        <property name="labelID" tag="property" attribute="name|labelID" />
        <property name="widgetPath" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetPath" />

<controls>
        </controls>

<variables>
            <variable name="[variable name]">
                <value condition="[condition - Skin Shortcuts will automatically add profile visibility]">[value]</value>
            </variable>
            <variable name="variable1">
                <value condition="$SKINSHORTCUTS[labelID]">$SKINSHORTCUTS[widgetPath]</value>
            </variable>
        </variables>
    </other>

The full <variable /> element is required each time - Skin Shortcuts will take care of combining these across multiple templates. I don't really have a use-case for this myself and as such I've only done sanity checks, so can you please test not only that it works, but that it does what you need Wink

Cheers.
Does anyone know if it is possible to use an .m3u playlist as a widget source? I'm trying to select a basic playlist created with the new Playlist Append context menu addon, but basic playlists don't seem to be available.

Please let me know if this would be more appropriate as a feature request in the skin.helper.service thread.

Thanks for your continued support of this great addon Bob!
@braz - it looks like the listing of m3u playlists got broken a couple of versions ago. This branch has a fix which will let them be selected for a menu item or a widget (though from a quick test they don't work great as widgets as there's no artwork available.)

Before I PR this, I see from the thread you linked to that you're using m3u's for movies - as there's no option in the GUI to create a 'dumb' playlist for videos Skin Shortcuts treats all m3u's as music playlists. Can I presume from your comment that they work fine for videos? If so, I'll extend the code tomorrow to treat them as video/music playlists depending on their location on disk.
@Bob, actually it is possible to create a basic video Playlist from the video library after queuing up several videos (there is a save option in the menu on MyVideoPlaylist.xml). Will test the new branch later tonight when I get home. Thanks!

Update: Hmm, tried the playlists branch but still can't find the m3u video playlists in the widget selection dialog. Any ideas?
Take a look under Music Playlists - as I said before, Skin Shortcuts treats all m3u's as music playlists, so that's where they're listed. Or update to the latest version of the branch where video m3u's are now handled (and listed) correctly Wink

(Though if they're still not, a debug log (wiki) will be needed, I'm sorry to say)
Ah, thanks Bob, found my m3u video playlist under Music Playlists. I found that artwork shows up if it has been exported to the filesystem. It would be great if these were treated as video playlists as they are valid and can be created from the GUI.

It's great to be able to add movies to a watchlist m3u playlist and display it as a widget. Previously I was using the SimplePlaylists addon but there is a significant delay when using it a widget source. The m3u playlists are instant.

Thanks!
Did you update to the latest version of the branch? With that, whether m3u's are treated as video or music playlists (and therefore which list they appear in to be selected as a shortcut/widget) is dependant on where they are in your filesystem - special://videoplaylists or special://musicplaylists.
Just updated to the latest version of the playlists branch. The script now identifies my m3u video playlist as a video playlist. But it still shows up under Music Library > Playlist in the widget selection dialog, even though the m3u video playlist is located in my Kodi\userdata\playlists\video folder.

Here's my log: http://pastebin.com/YwgaAAkw
My bad. I forgot I needed to actually change what list it gets added to Blush Should now be working correctly.