Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now fixed on git, and thanks for the bug report Smile
Maybe I'm blind, but is there a way to remove the "Library.HasContent(string)" from the visibility tags?
No. Though we've traditionally resisted removing the auto-visibility conditions, if its something you'd like so see changed please make your case Smile
(2016-03-04, 14:48)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]No. Though we've traditionally resisted removing the auto-visibility conditions, if its something you'd like so see changed please make your case Smile

Something to add to this is that the script follows the behaviour of the default confluence skin by hiding any library nodes which do not have content.

One exception was made a few weeks ago by no longer hiding the Music node (because you'll have a situation where you can't add content to the library).
(2016-03-04, 15:10)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]One exception was made a few weeks ago by no longer hiding the Music node (because you'll have a situation where you can't add content to the library).

(Just for absolute clarity - and I know this is just semantics to most - but we actually removed the auto-visibility from music library paths, the auto-visibility for music library nodes (the conditions specified in the nodes themselves) are still applied - and actually just brings the visibility conditions for music in line with video).

I want to display the menu items, even if no library has been added, because of this window.
How about adding an override option to disable all those auto-visibility conditions? Wink We still have the option to add them back in the xxxx.DATA.xml for single items.

Note: The new default skin of Krypton also have such a dialog and movies/tv shows aren't hidden by default.
(2016-03-04, 16:00)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]I want to display the menu items, even if no library has been added, because of this window.
How about adding an override option to disable all those auto-visibility conditions? Wink We still have the option to add them back in the xxxx.DATA.xml for single items.

Note: The new default skin of Krypton also have such a dialog and movies/tv shows aren't hidden by default.

If people are wanting to ape it already, looks like Estuary has some nice new features in it. And looks like we'll have to make them as easy to ape as possible, otherwise it'll be non-stop skinners coming in here asking for it Smile

Can we be clear on a couple of points before we start, though?

(1) it will never be my preference to disable the auto-visibility conditions - if the discussion of how we enable this functionality eventually leads there, then that will be a call for Marcelveldt to make.

(2) and this is based on playing with it briefly a couple of days ago, Estuary doesn't hide the menu items, it's true, but it also does take into account the same visibility conditions - so it there are no movies in the library, the onclick changes from opening movies to opening the files view.

For me this is the behaviour to make easily emulatable, and whilst disabling the library auto-visibility conditions gets you part way, you still get a link leading to an empty part of the library.

Lets concentrate on the end result that is wanted (and worry about 'how' later) - so I would suggest we look at adding an override so you can say that if the menu item has visibility condition x for its default action, it shouldn't become invisible, but should instead run action y.

As a place to start the discussion, how does that sound to people?
(2016-03-01, 18:43)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]@tomer953 - I realised, thanks to you, that this could work around the navigation issues inherent in the 'crossbar' home screen I'm adding to my own Conq mod. So I went ahead and added it - might give you some inspiration in how it can all start to fit together.

(Note, if you actually want to try the skin to see it in action you'll need a Krypton nightly and the latest git version of Skin Shortcuts - needed for the home screen, not the 'hub'.)

hey, thanks.
but, since i'm a really newbie and you are master-pro-god developer, I admit that I didn't understood nothing...
I downloaded krypton, and your conq, and shortcuts, I saw the idea of "cross" menus...cool, but what i'm missing? how it's connected to creating categories?
I saw the some navigation option below the home menu customization, I added there 3 menus, but I didn't understood what they are for? where I see them? what to do?
(2016-03-04, 17:00)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]If people are wanting to ape it already, looks like Estuary has some nice new features in it. And looks like we'll have to make them as easy to ape as possible, otherwise it'll be non-stop skinners coming in here asking for it Smile

Can we be clear on a couple of points before we start, though?

(1) it will never be my preference to disable the auto-visibility conditions - if the discussion of how we enable this functionality eventually leads there, then that will be a call for Marcelveldt to make.

(2) and this is based on playing with it briefly a couple of days ago, Estuary doesn't hide the menu items, it's true, but it also does take into account the same visibility conditions - so it there are no movies in the library, the onclick changes from opening movies to opening the files view.

For me this is the behaviour to make easily emulatable, and whilst disabling the library auto-visibility conditions gets you part way, you still get a link leading to an empty part of the library.

Lets concentrate on the end result that is wanted (and worry about 'how' later) - so I would suggest we look at adding an override so you can say that if the menu item has visibility condition x for its default action, it shouldn't become invisible, but should instead run action y.

As a place to start the discussion, how does that sound to people?

So, somthing similar to the action override?
Sounds good to me Smile
(2016-03-04, 17:03)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-01, 18:43)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]@tomer953 - I realised, thanks to you, that this could work around the navigation issues inherent in the 'crossbar' home screen I'm adding to my own Conq mod. So I went ahead and added it - might give you some inspiration in how it can all start to fit together.

(Note, if you actually want to try the skin to see it in action you'll need a Krypton nightly and the latest git version of Skin Shortcuts - needed for the home screen, not the 'hub'.)

hey, thanks.
ok, since i'm a really newbie and your are master-pro-god developer, I admit that I didn't understood nothing...
I downloaded krypton, and your conq, and shortcuts, I saw the idea of "cross" menus...cool, but what i'm missing? how it's connected to creating categories?
I saw the some navigation option below the home menu customization, I added there 3 menus, but I didn't understood what they are for? where I see them? what to do?

The 'categories' in this case are what I need for that skin, which is the submenu and unlimited additional widgets - to access them assign a widget to the main menu item (the crossbar will now show the widget contents instead of the submenu) and push 'up' to access the 'hub' (which has the submenu, and the additional widgets as configured).

Not saying this could form the basis of what you want to do, just that you inspired me to create what I needed for my skin mod and if you did want to do something similar, this is one way Smile
(2016-03-04, 17:11)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-04, 17:03)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]

hey, thanks.
ok, since i'm a really newbie and your are master-pro-god developer, I admit that I didn't understood nothing...

The 'categories' in this case are what I need for that skin, which is the submenu and unlimited additional widgets - to access them assign a widget to the main menu item (the crossbar will now show the widget contents instead of the submenu) and push 'up' to access the 'hub' (which has the submenu, and the additional widgets as configured).

Not saying this could form the basis of what you want to do, just that you inspired me to create what I needed for my skin mod and if you did want to do something similar, this is one way Smile

Ok ok, now I see.
very interesting idea...Cool

but, If it's ok I will describe how I imagined it:
in skin settings, you'll have two buttons: Customize home menu + Customize categories.
in the customize categories, you will create your categories, like any other menu (label,icon,fanart,widget..).
after it's done, you will enter the regular management dialog (for the real main menu), and when you'll add a new menu, a new folder (node) named: categories, will be the first option from all the regular options (library\addons\common), and inside of that folder,all the categories you created.
once you choose one, it will added like any other menu.
until here, I think it's reachable today, right?
the next thing is the action that will be execute once you click on category item, I want to load a custom.xml with all the included submenus.

what are you thinking about this method ? doable? sense ? if so, a few guidelines (For newbie like me), will be much helpful, and I'll try my luck tomorrow.
(2016-03-04, 18:38)tomer953 Wrote: [ -> ]but, If it's ok I will describe how I imagined it:
in skin settings, you'll have two buttons: Customize home menu + Customize categories.
in the customize categories, you will create your categories, like any other menu (label,icon,fanart,widget..).
after it's done, you will enter the regular management dialog (for the real main menu), and when you'll add a new menu, a new folder (node) named: categories, will be the first option from all the regular options (library\addons\common), and inside of that folder,all the categories you created.
once you choose one, it will added like any other menu.
until here, I think it's reachable today, right?
the next thing is the action that will be execute once you click on category item, I want to load a custom.xml with all the included submenus.

what are you thinking about this method ? doable? sense ? if so, a few guidelines (For newbie like me), will be much helpful, and I'll try my luck tomorrow.

What you'll manage to do - let the user edit a menu where they can add as many items ('categories') as they like - Docs

Where it starts to get difficult - That will let you assign one action to each category, and any additional properties (a widget, a background, and so on) that you like. However you can't add a submenu to groups built this way, so the customisation the user will be able to do is limited. (This may change in the future - the best way I've come up with so far to deal with an open request for a submenu to be able to have a submenu would also enable this - but that's a long way in the future yet as I'm still not sure it's the best way forward, and it requires major code changes).

Where it's impossible - There's no way to show that list of 'categories' when choosing an action that I know of. And right now I can't think of a way to do it without major re-coding.
OK, so jurial's way in eminence 2 is the only way today to achieve what I want. he created 10 custom files, with 10 customs IDs, and use this:
Code:
<node label="31139">
            <shortcut label="31093" type="Hub 1101" icon="special://skin/extras/icons/film.png">ActivateWindow(1101)</shortcut>
            <shortcut label="31094" type="Hub 1102" icon="special://skin/extras/icons/tv.png">ActivateWindow(1102)</shortcut>
            <shortcut label="31123" type="Hub 1103" icon="special://skin/extras/icons/addon.png">ActivateWindow(1103)</shortcut>
            <shortcut label="31123" type="Hub 1104" icon="special://skin/extras/icons/addon.png">ActivateWindow(1104)</shortcut>
            <shortcut label="31123" type="Hub 1105" icon="special://skin/extras/icons/addon.png">ActivateWindow(1105)</shortcut>
            <shortcut label="31123" type="Hub 1106" icon="special://skin/extras/icons/addon.png">ActivateWindow(1106)</shortcut>
            <shortcut label="31123" type="Hub 1107" icon="special://skin/extras/icons/addon.png">ActivateWindow(1107)</shortcut>
            <shortcut label="31123" type="Hub 1108" icon="special://skin/extras/icons/addon.png">ActivateWindow(1108)</shortcut>
            <shortcut label="31123" type="Hub 1109" icon="special://skin/extras/icons/addon.png">ActivateWindow(1109)</shortcut>
        </node>

in the grouping...

I thought I can improve this feature to make unlimited hubs... but as I you said - impossible right now.
Thank you Bob, much appreciated
The only way around it I can think of right now is what I've done, where each 'hub' is directly linked to the menu item and built from its properties/additional menus.
Just one quick question, because I don't find the information in the readme or in this thread anymore and I'm not able to test it atm.
In the past the menu was shared between skins. Is this still valid? Iirc there was a request to get rid of this feature or to force the skin to use the provided data.