Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.skinshortcuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think option 1 is good and most fast, you can add icon in the code like 'DefaultFavorite.png", 'DefaultReboot.png' etc...

Code:
listitems.append( self._create(["ActivateWindow(Weather)", "12600", "32034", {"icon": "DefaultWeather.png"} ]) )

listitems.append( self._create(["ActivateWindow(Settings)", "10004", "32034", {"icon": "DefaultSettings.png"} ]) )

etc...

And we just put this icons in media folder.
I'd be very reluctant to use any icon prefixed Default (DefaultFavorite.png, DefaultReboot.png and so on) unless they're listed as default icons (wiki) (all the icons that the script sets by default should* be listed there - with the exception of DefaultShortcut.png, which was a bad choice of fallback in retrospect). Just using Favourite.png or Reboot.png should work OK, though I'll need to spend a little time checking that there aren't any new default icons that are suitable. Can I give you a ping when I've put something together?

*though it's been a long time since I checked Wink
Yes, name of icons is not important, using Favourite.png or Reboot.png is also good.

And why not to put them in extras folder ?
If you mean to set them as {"icon": "special://skin/extras/Favorite.png"} that would complicate overriding them.
You can not just add file path in your code ?
I also note you have not updated your code with latest Krypton changes.

VideosSettings, MusicSettings, PicturesSettings, AppearanceSettings, WeatherSettings were removed

listitems.append( self._create(["ActivateWindow(AppearanceSettings)", "480", "10004", {} ]) ) must be change to listitems.append( self._create(["ActivateWindow(InterfaceSettings)", "14206", "14207", {} ]) )
listitems.append( self._create(["ActivateWindow(VideosSettings)", "3", "10004", {} ]) ) must be remove
listitems.append( self._create(["ActivateWindow(MusicSettings)", "2", "10004", {} ]) ) must be remove
listitems.append( self._create(["ActivateWindow(PicturesSettings)", "1", "10004", {} ]) ) must be remove
listitems.append( self._create(["ActivateWindow(WeatherSettings)", "8", "10004", {} ]) ) must be remove
listitems.append( self._create(["ActivateWindow(PlayerSettings)", "14200", "14201", {} ]) ) must be add
listitems.append( self._create(["ActivateWindow(LibrarySettings)", "14202", "14203", {} ]) ) must be add
(2016-05-12, 01:11)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]You can not just add file path in your code ?

In a different way than the one I mentioned in my previous post, you mean?

(2016-05-12, 04:25)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]I also note you have not updated your code with latest Krypton changes.

VideosSettings, MusicSettings, PicturesSettings, AppearanceSettings, WeatherSettings were removed

The changes came about too late to be included in v1.0.8 (it was already in beta testing), so the script will be changed after its been updated on the repo.
No, I mean if you add {"icon": "special://skin/extras/Favorite.png"} directly in your code. It's not good ?

This beta is on last git ?
I'm easy if they link to the skins extra's folders or not though, as I said, it marginally increases the difficulty to override (from both the perspective of having to override 'special://skin/extras/Favorites.png' compared to just 'Favorites.png', and in terms of actually checking that the code supports overriding an action based on its complete path) - and personally, if I support the extra icons in my own skin mod I would be overriding them to icons in the media folder. Any other skinners have a preference?

No bugs were reported in the beta (which is, thanks to Marcelveldt, primarily done via the Emby beta repo - though I think I'm right in saying that Tomer has also distributed it), so the beta and the release are both the current master on git.
Matter to me. The main thing is that we can add or change icon where there is no icon.
Hello Bob,

Would you have any interest in an updated Spanish translation of the script's strings? I know the script is not yet in Transifex, and I am certainly willing to translate to from the strings.po in Git. Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: I had a little time, so I went ahead and updated the Spanish translation. Here is the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/15u7to3visd04o...s.zip?dl=0
I have full french translation too if you want Wink
(2016-05-12, 15:59)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]No bugs were reported in the beta (which is, thanks to Marcelveldt, primarily done via the Emby beta repo - though I think I'm right in saying that Tomer has also distributed it), so the beta and the release are both the current master on git.

Correct, and a release to the kodi repo is pending
Thanks for the translation, bsoriano - I'll PR it to the master branch once the Eurovision semifinal is over. (Though I'm not 100% sure what our policy is whilst waiting for the repo update now it's all done via git - certainly we don't want to be adding features in case there are fixes required by the repo-guardians and the PR has to be rebased, though I don't think translations will make a difference...)

@Guilouz yes please for the French translation Smile

Edit:- @bsoriano, I know we went over this back in the MadNox days, but because memory starts to fail at my age, just to confirm this is the Spanish translation, not the Spanish (Argentina) or Spanish (Mexico) translations...?

Edit2:- There's a few translations which have an empty "" or two - for example:-

Code:
msgctxt "#32065"
msgid ""
"There are no available items to choose from for the category that you choose."
msgstr ""
"No hay ítems disponibles para seleccionar de la categoría que usted eligió."

and a couple which are split into multiple lines:-

Code:
msgctxt "#32094"
msgid "Install Kodi Log Uploader add-on to easily provide a debug log."
msgstr ""
"Instalar el complemento Kodi Log Uploader para proveer fácilmente una "
"bitácora de debug."

Are you able to confirm that they work correctly like that...?
(2016-05-12, 22:43)BobCratchett Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the translation, bsoriano - I'll PR it to the master branch once the Eurovision semifinal is over. (Though I'm not 100% sure what our policy is whilst waiting for the repo update now it's all done via git - certainly we don't want to be adding features in case there are fixes required by the repo-guardians and the PR has to be rebased, though I don't think translations will make a difference...)

It's safe. repo update is in seperate branch