Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sort movies after genre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I will try to explain this as good as I can Smile

Currently I have my movies sorted after genres on my NAS. I have for example folders named "Action", "Thriller", "Comedy and so on.

How can I add all the movies that I consider being an action movie in a subfolder named "Action" in XBMC?
I know XBMC will sort my movies after genres automatically but it is not certain that the movies I want to be in the action subfolder goes there.

Thanks in advance! Smile

/Robin
I think this can be solved using smart playlist, but Im not really an expert in xmbc since I haven`t used it myself yet. Still waiting for my HTPC Big Grin

see if this article can help you:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Smart_playlists
Thanks for your answers! Smile
I think a smart playlist is what I'm looking for.

Ned Scott: Do you think it is possible to have the smart playlist, for exampe "Action", as a subfolder to "Movies"?
(2013-11-19, 08:11)robin8 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your answers! Smile

Ned Scott: Do you think it is possible to have the smart playlist, for exampe "Action", as a subfolder to "Movies"?

If the skin supports it. Several do, and there are some that are mods of the default Confluence skin. Check out the Confluence help subforum.
(2013-11-20, 05:26)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-19, 08:11)robin8 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your answers! Smile

If the skin supports it. Several do, and there are some that are mods of the default Confluence skin. Check out the Confluence help subforum.

Thank you very much! Smile