Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenElec Intel NUC Keeps rebooting ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay - so im ALL NEW to XBMC - linux and all that kind ! so please talk to me as i was 2 years old :-) I recently bought the new Intel NUC i5 hashwell thingy - installed 16 gb of ram and 120 SSD.

I installed OpenElec and xbmc - running the Aeon Nox skin! But when i shutdown xbmc my NUC shutdown but then turn back on ? Only way to stop this is the hold the power off button on the machine... What causes this ?!?!?!?!

Ive been playing with this all day long and not impressed by openelec tbh - will i be able to install win 8 and then boot it directly into xbmc ? And will i be able to shut to whole thing of with the XBMC remote for iphone ? or will it just go to windows screen when i turn of ?

Thanks in advance !!
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

(2013-11-19, 21:28)skottyboy Wrote: [ -> ]I installed OpenElec and xbmc - running the Aeon Nox skin! But when i shutdown xbmc my NUC shutdown but then turn back on ?
Highlight the SHUTDOWN option on the main menu. Press arrow down to display the shutdown options. To shutdown the system, select the Power-off system option.

Quote:will i be able to install win 8 and then boot it directly into xbmc ? And will i be able to shut to whole thing of with the XBMC remote for iphone ? or will it just go to windows screen when i turn of ?
Yes. Yes. If you want to return to the Windows desktop, then select Exit/Quit on the XBMC shutdown menu instead of the option to shutdown/power-off the system.
I tried that - but the same thing is happening - its powers down - wait 2 seconds and then powers up once again ?
Same problem here with a i3 Haswell NUC and latest stable OpenElec. About 50% of the time when I select shutdown the NUC will reboot instead.
Hmmm. They seem to have had a similar problem with OpenELEC/XBMC on Raspberry Pi:

https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/issues/2370
Hi,

did any anybody have an solution for this problem?
(2013-11-19, 21:28)skottyboy Wrote: [ -> ]Okay - so im ALL NEW to XBMC - linux and all that kind ! so please talk to me as i was 2 years old :-)

bubcutch koo, wheres the baby? Wheres the baby?,.... There he is!! cutchy koo.. :-)
The solution that works on my NUC Intel i5 Haswell with OpenElec is to disable Wake On Lan (WOL) in the Intel Bios : see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176718
That works here also.

Thanks!
Heinzpsx but if you disable WOL can you turn one nuc from the remote?