Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WebDav - Won't open files with spaces in filename
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A few hours ago I switched from FTP sources to WebDav (apache), because subtitles couldn't be downloaded with FTP sources (XBMC treats them as read-only apparently). I'm using a MySQL database so I simply switched out the source dirs with CTRL+F replace.

I immediately ran into the following problem though. XBMC won't/can't open files over HTTP that have spaces in the filenames (the %20%'s aren't added). As you can see from my log "Superbad.avi" works fine (and so does subtitle downloading, yay!) however "Super Troopers (2001).avi" doesn't.

log: http://pastebin.com/dBPiDyFV

I fear it may have to do something with Apache not handling the URLs correctly? Any insight would be much appreciated!

EDIT: I figured it out, XBMC indeed doesn't play files with spaces in the name over WebDav (no problem over FTP). My mistake was using the database I used for SMB and FTP. Upon reimporting all the media into a fresh database I noticed XBMC replaces the spaces with %20. So I simply have to work on replacing the spaces in the tables myself.
Export database to seperate files, remove database files, reimport over webdav.