Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Live tv channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to all this. I have generation box Linux xbmc. How can I get my live tv to show tv channels to be able to record etc
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Do you have a link to this device so others here can read the product description and specs?
Sorry I wouldn't know where to look? I go into my menu for live tv and I have nothing. I went into system then live tv. Pushed a couple of buttons but nothing works
Did you buy the device on-line? If so, do you have a URL to the product page on the site where you purchased it?

By "Live TV", are you referring to receiving TV broadcasts over-the-air with an antenna or cable/satellite box? Or are you referring to an XBMC add-on that streams live broadcasts over the Internet? If it's the latter, which add-on are you using? Just keep in mind that if this is a piracy add-on, we won't help you with it here.
It's the live tv in the menu along with video ,program's picture and weather etc
So you have a PVR/Live TV backend system setup and running for XBMC to connect to? See here to learn what the "Live TV" function is in XBMC: PVR (wiki)
Or, put another way, have you got a TV tuner connected to something - anything - that can receive the TV signal? You need a device that plugs into an aerial, satellite or cable feed - the tuner - this can be internal (a card) or external (a USB device). You then need software to decode the TV signal and make it available to XBMC - this is the backend. After that's all up and running, XBMC has a fighting chance of showing live TV.

So... have you plugged any kind of TV cable into any kind of computer somewhere, or do all your cables go to TVs, hard disc recorders or similar?