Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Limit available subs and audio tracks to a specified list of languages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Especially on blurays it's quite annoying that you have to cycle through 6 audio languages and 20 subtitle languages to get to the one you need (or turn subs off again). Therefor I think it would be cool if we could have a setting specifying the spoken/preferred languages and simply drop any audio/subtitle track not matching those. We could use the same setting to limit the subtitle download to these languages. What do you think?
I don't like hiding them completely but maybe show the preferred language at the top?
not hiding wouldn't give any benefit when you try to turn of subs again by using ACTION_SUBTITLE_NEXT mapped on your remote. Or we don't hide them, but a) rearrange and b) skip them in cycle actions but be still able to choose them directly (btw - we should change the spinners in the video/audio OSDs to lists)
A per-video setting window where you can enable/disable subtitles and audio tracks?
(2013-11-21, 13:36)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]not hiding wouldn't give any benefit when you try to turn of subs again by using ACTION_SUBTITLE_NEXT mapped on your remote. Or we don't hide them, but a) rearrange and b) skip them in cycle actions but be still able to choose them directly

I really don't like hiding too.

(2013-11-21, 13:36)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]...(btw - we should change the spinners in the video/audio OSDs to lists)...

That's on my list for a while Wink

(2013-11-21, 22:26)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]A per-video setting window where you can enable/disable subtitles and audio tracks?

Seems to be too complicated. What's already in is that once you have configured the languages the settings are saved (per video) when you stop playback.
One thing I can think of is a optional "nag screen" before playback starts that prompts for the audio or subtitle language if auto selection fails.
no, please no nagscreen. We have settings for preferred audio and subtitle languages, these should suffice for that case. And with the subtitle download thingy in core we also have a new setting for the languages that should be downloaded. We could merge the later into a "spoken languages" setting, move that to localization section and use it for the subtitle download as well as to priorize the audio/subtitle ordering. Also I'd personally prefer if we could skip non priorized subtitles/audio tracks in the cycle actions (or make skipping/hiding those a new setting).