Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with PORTS?? BDP setup failing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

I have searched a bunch about ports and XBMC but now I am just absolutely confused. I was hoping a quick (long) post here could set me on the right path.

I have XBMC running great on a Windows 7 HTPC in my living room. Now I am just trying to get the content to show up on my other "smart" blu-ray players. I turned on the UPnP on XBMC.

In the Master bedroom, I have a Sony BDP-S580 and the setup was quick and easy. But in my daughters room, she has a Sony BDP-S570 which does not connect to the XBMC UPnp. When I run a Network Diagnostics from her Blu-Ray Player, it sees the living room HTPC but shows 'FAILED' as the status. The explanation of FAILED offered by the BDP is some generic blurb about Firewall.

I have turned of the Windows firewall completely which did not help.

All I can think is that I need to do something else with ports. Sadly, I am completely Port stupid.

Can anyone send to a good location to learn? Especially where it pertains to XBMC.

Thanks.